Apple Cranberry Smoothie
Nutritious Summer Drink
Posted By Savita
Bring home, bright flavors of Apples and Cranberries this summer with this, so simple, Apple Cranberry Smoothie.
I always make smoothies with almost no sugar and just a touch of honey or Agave syrup. This way my family enjoy these nutritious drinks and I still manage to keep sugar away from their diet.
For the same reasons, I have also used unsweetened cranberry juice in this smoothie which might be little tart for your taste. You can add some honey or use cranberry sweetened juice if you prefer.
This smoothie has natural sweetness from banana, apple and sweet naval oranges.
I also call this smoothie my fruit yogurt cocktail :=) A glass of this nutritious drink for lunch and you are good to go.
I often pair this dish with:
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Apple Cranberry Smoothie
1. Juice the orange Or use 1 cup store bought unsweetened orange juice. Peel and core the apple and slice it in quarters. In blending jar, add orange juice, yogurt, sliced banana, honey (optional) and apple. Bland till all ingredients are smooth. Add half of cranberry juice and blend again. Taste the juice at this stage to check if you are fine with tart flavor of cranberries then add the rest of cranberry juice or sweeten it with little honey.
2. Add some ice cubes and serve immediately.
Additional NotesSince banana and apples oxidize very quickly, it is highly recommended that this smoothie is prepared just before serving.
Savita's Notes:Since, banana and apples oxidize very quickly, it is highly recommended that this smoothie is prepared just before serving.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my content/images without prior permission. If you want to re-publish this recipe instructions, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post and credit ChefDeHome for the recipe.
- Good Morning Sunshine Breakfast Smoothie Thursday, March 26, 2015
- Instant No-Eggs Banana Pudding Frozen Yogurt Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with White Balsamic-Herb Dressing | Boudin Bakery Copycat Wednesday, March 4, 2015
- Indian Mint and Sweet Potato Salad | Vrat Ki Chatpati Pudina Shakarkandi Chaat Thursday, February 26, 2015
- Go Green - Apple, Mint, and Coconut Milk Smoothie Wednesday, February 25, 2015
- Moist Chia Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Tuesday, February 10, 2015
- Orange-Cream Ebelskivers - Danish-style Filled Pancakes Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- Skinny Strawberry-Banana Breakfast Smoothie Friday, July 4, 2014