Grilled Lemon Herbs Lamb Skewers
Posted By Savita
Lamb loin skewers don't need more than 4-5 minutes on grill. Watch the skewers as they will turn from medium rare to tough very quickly. Lemon, rosemary, oregano marinated lamb is inspired from my friend's rosemary-garlic roasted lamb recipe. We enjoyed delicious roasted lamb chops marinated in rosemary and lemon marinade for main course at my friend's dinner party. I was longing for the aroma and taste after coming home. So, yesterday, I used that inspiration to make these quick lamb skewers for two of us.
Let me share my two take away from this recipe - first, lean cut of red meat will let you enjoy scrumptious meat dinner but with far less fat and calories than marbled varieties. Second, lean meats cook very quickly. So these skewers are perfect to serve dinner under 20 minutes.
How good does that sound?
Fewer calories, faster cooking and still enjoying lemon-herb lamb at home. Cannot go better than this!!
You will love the recipe as much as my husband loved the taste and as much as I loved the leaner-quicker aspect.
All-in-all a winner weekday dinner!!
Few of my other favorite Lamb Recipes:
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Grilled Lemon Herbs Lamb Skewers
- 1 Lemon (Zest and Juice 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (1 sprig rosemary fine chopped)
- 1 tsp Parsley (dried parsley flakes)
- 2 Garlic (fine minced garlic cloves)
- Kosher Salt (as per taste)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (Or Soybean oil)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar (Or Distilled White Vinegar)
- 1/2 lbs Lamb (lamb loins or boneless lamb cut into cubes)
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion (cut into thick slices)
- 1 Lemon (thin sliced for serving)
- 3 Cup Rice (steamed or boiled rice - optional )
Lemon Herb Marinade
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Marinade - Mix all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.2. Marinate Lamb Skewers - Skew two pieces of lamb and two pieces of red onion with one cherry tomato in alternate fashion. Repeat for all lamb cubes (makes about 6-7 skewers). Place all skewers in a rimmed square dish and pour marinade over lamb. Coat to cover completely and cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
Additional Notessoak skewers in water for 30 minutes before using to avoid burning on grill.
3. Grill - Grill the lamb skewers and slices of 1 lemon until done done to your liking. Grilling lemon concentrates there flavor and enhances taste of lamb skewers.
Additional NotesPlease note - Lamb loin meat is very lean and skewered meat is small in size. It wont take more than 5-6 minutes to cook on a hot coal or gas grill.4. Serve - Serve lamb skewers over bed of steamed rice with grilled lemon on side.
Savita's Notes:Lamb loin meat is very lean. It does not need long marination. Just let lamb loin skewers marinate for at least 20 minutes to an hour to enhance the flavor.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.