Sweet and Spicy Raw (Green) Mango Chutney
Sweet and Sour Chudu
Posted By Savita
Chutney is a mouthwatering sweet and sour condiment that your can eat with many snacks. We often make a big batch of Mango chutney during peak mango season and preserve it to enjoy it with almost everything from dinner to breakfast during off-season. I recently finished a jar of Raw (or Green Unripe) Mango Chutney and realized I have not shared recipe for this with my reader friends. I took this pics in hurry while canning a batch of chutney for few guests. So please bear with me, I will be updating the pictures whenever I get chance to make chutney again. Enjoy this delicious chutney with toast for breakfast Or with rice or grilled meat for dinner. That's it for the story part today, my updates to new version of this site are keeping me very busy. I can't wait to share that with you soon. Happy Cooking!!
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time:
- 2 Cup Mango (Raw Green Mangoes)
- 1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Powder (Paprika)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp Pink Peppercorns (Or Black Peppercorns)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1. Grate mangoes using grater with highest setting, I have used my regular grater, but more coarse grater results in chunky chutney.
- 2. In a non-reactive pan, add mangoes, sugar, ginger, red pepper, salt, peppercorns.
- 3. Mix well and cook at medium heat till mangoes have cooked. Grated raw mango pieces will be transparent at this stage.
- 4. Continue cooking till sugar syrup has consistency of a syrup. Pour in glass container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 month or freeze it for up to 1 year. You can also can it per canning instruction on canning jar and keep it in cool dark place for up-to 6 months.