Ramen Noodles in Soup
Posted By Savita
Ramen Soup is undoubtedly a famous soup dish which contains instant ramen noodles in a clear and flavorful broth. You will find this soup topping the menu of most Japanese Eateries. This comforting one bowl meal is perfect for those lazy winter days when you will just want a blanket to get cozy with a cup of warm soup in hand and nothing else – dinner is served on the couch. Every time I make this soup, the star ingredient of this soup - Ramen Noodles, bring back a lot of old memories of my office days (especially in winters). During lunch-hour we used to rush to a road side eatery, operated by an Asian family. Their Chef, an Asian boy in his early twenties use to prepare more than 10 dishes with just Ramen Noodles as main ingredient (I always wondered where did he learn all this?) and I enjoyed almost all of them – each one a little different from other. However, my favorites were - Ramen Soup, Ramen Vegetable Stir Fry and Spicy Ramen Chicken. No one can match that taste. But, whenever I crave for those dishes, I try to add my own spin and eat’em remembering old days.So next time...
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time:
Yields: 4 Servings Serves: 4
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion (scallions - green and white parts chopped separately)
- 2 Ramen Noodles (2 package + 1 tbsp ramen seasoning)
- 2 Cup Vegetable Stock (+ 2 cups of water)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Carrots (small diced one medium carrot - Optional)
- 2 Garlic (cloves of garlic)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger (1-2 inch ginger root grated)
- 1 Cup Tofu (diced firm or semi-firm tofu)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (Juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste + per salt in vegetable stock )
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1. Heat oil in a deep pot, add chopped garlic, ginger, carrot and saute for 1 minute.
- 2. Now add scallion whites (green onion white parts), sugar and ramen seasoning (if not using seasoning then add 1/2 tsp paprika + 1/2 tsp curry powder) and continue frying for 1 more minute.
- 3. Now add vegetable stock, water, sriracha, soy sauce and ramen noodles. Bring to boil and then lower the heat.
- 4. Add diced tofu, scallion greens, salt (adjust per taste). Stir to combine and cook till ramen noodles are al-dente or cooked to your liking (not more then 5 minutes)
- 5. Serve hot with some slices of lemon and enjoy!!