Juicy and Hearty Portobello Mushroom and Tofu Burgers
Vegetarian Burgers 2-ways with Spicy Sour Cream Dressing
Posted By Savita
Game day is almost here. When bacon, beer, chips and burgers hit the coffee table on Super Bowl Sunday, vegetarians (and my friends on diet) should not feel left unattended. On these fun-family events, my veggie burger ideas win heart of all vegetarian game lovers.
Sharing with you my quick vegetarian burger 2-ways, one with juicy and meaty portobello mushrooms, and second with mushrooms and marinated tofu.
Burgers are slathered with spicy sour cream dressing and topped with grilled marinated mushrooms and grilled white onion with marinated tofu slice (optional) for a juicy and hearty game day lunch without guilt of eating a heavy meal. So stay on diet, eat yummy vegetarian and still compete with all meat lovers and cheer your favorite team. Happy Game Day to you all.
- 4 Burger Bun
- 4 Mushrooms (Portobello Mushrooms)
- 1/2 lbs Tofu
- 4-6 Pepper Jack Cheese (cheese slices)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Lemon (lemon juice and zest)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 White Onion (sliced into 4-5 round slices)
- 1/2 lbs Sweet Peppers (sliced in half)
- 1. Marinade - Mix oil, lemon juice and zest, chicken grill mate seasoning. Whisk well and season with salt and pepper per taste. Add mushroom slices, sweet peppers and tofu in the marinade. Toss with hand to cover all with marinade and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- 2. Dressing - Mix sour cream with sriracha and mix well. Add 1 tbsp of water to make mixture little less thick. Season with salt, taste and adjust.
- 3. Heat an iron skillet or grill. Grill the portobello for 3-4 minutes each side or until mushrooms are done to your liking. Grill the peppers and onion slices until nice char marks appear. Toast or grill the buns to your liking. Spread 1/2 tbsp of dressing, top one part of bun with grilled portobello and onion and tofu (if you like), top with slice of cheese and place in cooler area of grill with cover, just until cheese has melted. Slather sour cream on the other part of bun, top and serve.