Ripe Papaya and Avocado Salad with Black Salt Dressing
Posted By Savita
Sweet ripe papaya, creamy avocado, juicy cherry tomatoes dressed in sweet and tangy black salt honey lemon dressing, served over bed of peppery arugula or your favorite green! Whenever I can find some sweet ripe papaya, this lite and healthy salad is often on my dinner table.
Inspired from Indian Ripe Papaya Chat, this salad pairs some out-of-ordinary flavors and every note just sings in mouth of a salad-lover. Lemon and Avocado are best flavor-combo already... so are honey-lemon and papaya. Plus peppery arugula and black salt brings everything together!
Also, just 10 minutes start to finish, this is scrumptious way to enjoy three serving of veggies and one and half serving of fruit. How good does that sound? Isn't it this salad perfect to push for control-your-diet-this-new-year goal? :)
Speaking of which, do you believe we are just 4 days away from welcoming year 2016!!?? Honestly I can't believe!! Year 2015 just came and gone so quickly!
- 1/2 lbs Papaya (ripe, medium fruit, about 225 grams)
- 1 Avocado (ripe, diced into bite size pieces)
- 1 Cup Arugula (handful or two, or use spicy green mix)
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranates (fresh pom seeds)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (golden or red cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt (or use ground Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 1 Lemon (2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
Black Salt-Honey Dressing
- 1. To make vinaigrette, in a small bowl, add black salt, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper. Whisk to blend oil with lemon and honey. Taste and adjust black salt. Set aside.
- 2. Arrange - Divide diced papaya, avocado and halved cherry tomatoes on a bed of arugula in two plates. Top with half dressing on each plate and fresh pomegranates seeds. Serve immediately.