Refreshing Summer Peach Ice Tea
Made-from-Scratch Peach Ice Tea
Posted By Savita
Sharing with you icy, chilled and refreshing Peach Ice Tea loaded with summer peaches and anti-oxidants rich black tea. Caution!! this tea is so refreshing, I suggest you double the recipe if serving thirsty and sweating souls.
Making Peach Ice Tea at home is so easy and taste so delicious that you would never want to buy ready-made carton of Ice Tea again!!
Everyone in my home is tea fanatic! It feels like day has not yet started without a cup of hot and freshly brewed tea. It is almost an addiction! Even though black tea with milk is special part of our daily routine, iced teas have also made their very own, well-earned position!
I loooveee serving Iced Teas flavored with mild spices or seasonal fresh fruits in-place of soda or other sweetened beverages in summer. A healthy, freshening and delicious way to replace soda or sweetened juice from our diet, specially in summers! more like killing-two-birds-with-one-stone, a cup of (beloved) tea and that too so refreshing to beat the summer heat!
Why Make at Home?
- 2 Peach (medium size peaches, diced or use 1 cup frozen sliced peaches)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 Cup Water
- 2 Black Tea (2 regular size black tea bags, I used Tazo Tea)
- Sparkling Water (as per need)
- 2 Cup Water
Peach Ice Tea
- 1. Bring 2 cup water to a rolling boil. Add tea bags and switch off heat. Let the tea steep and flavor the water while you make peach syrup. (about 10 minutes)
In a sauce pan, add peaches slices with water and honey/agave. Bring water to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Don't mash or stir fruit. You wanna keep it whole to serve later with ice cream/yogurt.
Additional Notes:These pictures show cooking of one peach, I made a second batch to take these pictures and share recipe step photos with you.
- 3. Once cooked, strain the peach syrup, keep poached peach fruit in an air tight container in fridge for later use.
- 4. Add equals amount of peach syrup, black tea in 4 glasses filled with ice cubes. Top with sparkling/plain chilled water.
- 5. Serve immediately. If packing for later, don't use ice, use frozen tea cubes or keep peach tea jars (tight-lid) in ice filled box.