Healthy Summer Glow Lentil Salad
Posted By Savita
A delicious french lentil salad with lemony vegan mint avocado dressing, artichokes, berries, tomatoes and fresh turmeric to nourish body and give skin, a healthy summer glow!!
Oh, and this easy lentil salad is not just healthy, but tastes as delicious too! Keeping a salad delicious and flavorful motivates me to include more salads in our diet without craving for those snack breaks!
A flavor-exploding part of this salad is: Lemony and Creamy Mint and Avocado Garlic Dressing. Every ingredient of this dressing is a start towards getting healthier glowing skin, hair and nails. Avocado, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil... all of these benefit heath and nourish it!
I love to make a big batch and use it lot more ways than just dressing for lentil salad. Spreading on sandwich or topping over grilled meats are my favorites!
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 Garlic (1 clove, fine grated )
- 1 Lemon (2-3 tbsp juice)
- Salt and Black Pepper (adjust per taste)
- 1/4 Cup Mint (fresh leaves)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Lentils (or mixed, sprouted lentil)
- 1 Cup Blueberries (1/2 pint)
- 1 Cup Raspberries (1/2 pint)
- 1 inch Turmeric (fresh, thin sliced)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Cup Artichokes (water packed, drained)
Lemony Mint Avocado Dressing
- 1. In blender or food processor jar, add all Avocado Dressing ingredients and process to make smooth puree. Remove in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. Cook lentils according to package direction. For sprouted lentils, I boil 1/2 cup sprouted lentils in salted 1 cup water for 8 minutes, then cover and leave aside for 20 minutes until all water has been absorbed.
- 3. In a salad bowl, cooked and cooled lentils, add diced artichokes, turmeric, halved cherries, and berries. Top with avocado dressing and fresh leaves of mint. Enjoy!
First key to any detox/nourishing salad is : using organic produce. So wherever possible, use organic ingredients.