Mexican Chocolate S'mores with Churros
Adding new dimension to Mexican churros-love with Churro S'mores - Mexican chocolate sauce, roasted marshmallows and crispy churro to dig-in!
Posted By Savita
How about Mexican chocolate sauce, smokey roasted marshmallows and decadent churros for dessert after dinner this Sunday?
Now, who will say "no" to S'mores?! Twisted classic, American S'mores get royal treatment with Mexican Churros meeting rich Mexican chocolate ganache sauce and toasted marshmallows!!
Gosh! These taste heavenly together!
Oh, and I'm sharing easy tip to fry churro without burning hands while pipping dough directly in hot oil. Check it out!
Now, needless to say, if you see two churro recipes from a blogger in same month, means she is addicted to it! And both happen to be with chocolate.... must tell you that chocolate and churros are delicious together!
Honestly, this 20 minutes recipe can make anyone happy - kids or adults, S'mores lovers or churro fans, all will be ready for a taste of this!
Did they make place in your heart yet or I share one more picture?! ;-)
Okay, I will share it anyways!
- 100 Grams Chocolate (3.5 ounce, Mexican drak chocolate or semi-sweet(if serving kids), chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Canola Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon (mixed with 4 tbsp sugar for optional coating on churros)
- Marshmallow (toasted, for serving S'mores)
Mexican Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate Sauce - Heat the cream, add sugar, pinch of salt and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until just melted (1-2 minute). Remove from heat. Add the small chopped chocolate, and stir until chocolate has melted, is smooth and glossy (about 1 minutes). Pour to individual cups or leave in big bowl. Top with marshmallows. Set aside.
Additional Notes:If not using blow torch to toast marshmallows or taking to a party. Pack marshmallows separate, then just before serving toast them under broiler or on camp fire (whichever is accessible)
- 2. In a separate sauce pan, heat all water, salt, sugar, and butter from churro ingredients list until butter dissolves in water. Remove from heat. add flour and whisk to make a lump free dough.
- 3. Return to the stove and cook on low heat until dough is shiny, and thin film of flour forms at the bottom of pan. Remove from heat. Stuff into a pipping bag with widest possible pipping tip.
(Optional Step) Slightly oil a sheet/plate, then pipe 4-5 inch churros on to the sheet spacing 1 inch apart. Refrigerate so these are chilled and easy to handle.
Additional Notes:This step is optional. However, pipped churros dough gets hard in refrigerator and then it is very easy to fry churros vs pipping directly in hot oil. You can also freeze the churros at this stage.
- 5. Heat oil for frying in deep pan or fryer,. Deep fry churro until crispy and brown. Remove on a paper lined plate to drain excess oil. Sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar (optional)
- 6. Enjoy churro s'mores - churros served with creamy ganache-like chocolate sauce topped with toasted marshmallows. Enjoy!