Egg-less Rice Pudding with Almonds
An easy. egg-less, and creamy long grain rice pudding, with citrus scent, and Blue Diamond Roasted Almonds. (This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.)
Posted By Savita
Milk, almonds, condensed milk, and long grain rice. It is really amazing how a few simple ingredients can be transformed into something SO good: an egg-less creamy Rice Pudding! Really a TREAT in summers, for kids of any age! ;)
Just now, our local police issued an intense Heat Advisory warning through-out Southern California! In such hot weather, all we feel like to eat is something cold, chilled, refreshing, and hydrating! Now, we can't survive on drinks alone. So I thought a chilled dessert like Rice Pudding will be perfect to beat the heat!
So when Blue Diamond sent me their delicious, Oven Roasted Blueberry and Over Roasted Salted Caramel Almonds.... My desire to eat chilled, Almond and Rice Pudding, even grew stronger. Lucky for me, hint of salt and sweetness of caramel from these crunchy Salted Caramel Almonds made this rice pudding, a savory gourmet dessert! Actually, I'm SO in love with these sweet and salty almonds that I munched more than I added to pudding ;-)
- 200 Grams Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup Basmati Rice (or Jasmine Long Grain Rice)
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Almonds (Blue Diamond Salted Carmel Almonds)
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds)
- 1 tbsp Oranges (zest, optional)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1. In a deep heavy bottom pan, add 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, and rinsed long grain rice.
- 2. Bring to boil on high heat (about 2 minutes) and then reduce heat to medium until rice are cooked.(about 12 minutes for long grain basmati)
- 3. Add remaining 1 cup milk, condensed milk and cook for another 5-8 minutes on medium-high or until liquid is almost absorbed. Keep an eye, don't let rice burn.
- 4. Transfer cooked rice to a wide shallow pan and cover top with cling-wrap. Set aside to cool and then refrigerate until chilled (at-least 1 hour)
- 5. Before serving, chop half of Salted Caramel Almonds and fold into pudding. Divide chilled into 4 serving cups. Top with remaining chopped salted caramel and blueberry almonds, and orange zest (if using).
- 6. Keep refrigerated until ready to use or serve immediately.
Pudding Too Thick after Chilling? Once chilled, if pudding is too thick since warm rice were absorbing liquid quickly, add 1-2 tbsp cold milk in chilled pudding and fold well. Cold rice will not absorb all of this milk and pudding consistency will be much more creamier!