Grilled Vegetables Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Posted By Savita
Sharing today, an array of colorful grilled summer vegetables with blue cheese and drizzle of sweet, spicy, and rich balsamic dressing!! In my home, such simple salads are MUST for weekend grilling get-togethers!
If you planning to fire-up the grill this weekend, then this healthy vegetarian salad can make to your menu in NO time!!
All you need is: a few ingredients to make quick balsamic dressing and some blue cheese!! Rest, any fresh vegetable in your refrigerator is contender for this salad!! How easy does this sound?
I love serving this salad for Summer Parties for two reasons. One, it fulfills the serving of vegetables and second, it is an interactive salad. Grill vegetables of you choice and serve on a platter with heaping bowl of blue cheese and balsamic-ginger dressing on side. Everyone can build their own salad with any combination they like. You know the BEST part? If you have some vegan guests visiting, they can skip blue cheese and rest everything is VEGAN, even the Balsamic Dressing!!
- 2" Ginger (freshly grated )
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (good quality, extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (chili flakes)
- Salt and Black Pepper (adjust per taste)
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lbs Asparagus
- 1/2 lbs Green Beans
- 2 Red Onion (peeled, sliced in half)
- 2-3 Zucchini (sliced in thin ribbons)
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced half, seeds removed )
- 1 Bell Pepper (green or red, quartered, seeds removed)
- 1/2 lbs Bok Choy (sliced in half, optional)
- Oil Spray (or some oil for grilling)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Blue Cheese (crumbled)
Grilled Summer Vegetables
Seasoning and Toppings
- 1. To make dressing, in a small bowl, add grated ginger, balsamic, olive oil, oregano, and chili flakes. Whisk to blend oil with vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- 2. To grill vegetables, heat a grilling pan. Slice all vegetables, then toss vegetables in 1 to 2 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle generous pinch or two of salt and black pepper. Grill vegetables with hard skin like zucchini, asparagus, bell pepper for little longer than leafy greens like bok choy.
- 3. To assemble salad, arrange grilled vegetables on a large salad platter and sprinkle with pepper flakes (optional). Serve dressing and blue cheese on the side. Or toss vegetables with half of dressing, serve rest on side. Crumble blue cheese over the top. Best when served at room temperature or warm.