Creepy Stick-Men Marshmallow Candy Kabobs
Posted By Savita
When I was thinking for suitable name for this candy creation, the first set of words that jumbled-up in my mind were..... "Marshmallow Candy Kabobs" and second were.... "yum yumm"!
There is something about s'more-ish toasted, soft, and pillow-y marshmallow, candies, and word kabobs which made me salivating in an instance!
I sure wanted to keep this recipe healthy.....
I did succeeded a bit.... by skewing two kinds of grapes and a ripe golden cherry tomato in each stick! The ratio of candies to fruits is almost 50:50, which is pretty good for a festival where kid's mouth are jam-packed with candies and candies only!
I figured Marshmallows and mini-peanut butter cups will be enticing and grapes will add little element of freshness. I not had any berries at home or I would have skewed few blueberries or raspberries too! You can always use candied natural fruits instead of sugar candies to reduce the sugar further.
- 20 Gummy Candies (such as worms for stick man arms)
- 20 Green Grapes
- 20 Black Seedless Grapes
- 20 Peanut Butter Cups (plus 20 candy corns for hat's top - optional)
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes (such as yellow cherry tomatoes)
- 20 Chocolate Candies (Eye balls for eye, buy 40 if you want two small eyes)
- 2 tbsp Chocolate (frosting for glue)
- 20 Liquorice (small candies, with wide holes to easily skew, optional)
- 20 Marshmallow
- 1. Skew marshmallow onto sticks and take'em far to the blunt-other-end of the stick, whip clean the rest of stick with a wet and clean paper towel.
- 2. Toast each marshmallow for just 4-5 seconds on open flame, be careful, do not to burn stick or marshmallow too much. Then immediately insert peanut cup next to marshmallow's toasted end. Fit it tight and skew a grape from pointed end to secure marshmallow and cup at it's place. Repeat with all remaining 20 sticks.
- 3. Now, skew, gummy worm in each stick to make arms, followed by cherry tomato, grapes, and piece of liquorice (if using). Carefully glue eye balls and candy corn(if using) with chocolate frosting.
- 4. Arrange assembled pieces on platter, then refrigerate for at-least 30 minutes so that everything is set and then serve!