Dark-Chocolate Candy Bark with Marshmallow and Pretzels for Trick-or-Treat
Posted By Savita
Small piece of dark chocolate with little sweetness of marshmallow, saltiness of pretzels, and good dose of anti-oxidants. Does this sound like a good candy? Candies have this reputation of being loaded with sugar and full of calories. This year, I have decided to package these dark chocolate bark candies for trick-or-treat.
Homemade dark chocolate bark, for which I have used 70% dark chocolate, has good amount of anti-oxidants and is not as sweet as milk chocolate. Addition of small piece of marshmallow, salted pretzel, and candied fruit will make it a perfect sweet and sour treat for kids.
Dark-Chocolate Candy Barks are very easy to assemble, only 5 minutes and you can have a perfect sweet treat for any occasion. So, why buy when you can make at home? In-fact, even after halloween, you will have a ton of candies leftovers. use all leftover candies to make chocolate barks. Then distribute among your friends or keep refrigerated to eat once-in-a-while for dessert after dinner.
- 0.5 lbs Chocolate Chips (8 ounce dark (70%) chocolate chips/log)
- 10-15 Marshmallow (use 10-15 mini Or 5-6 large marhsmallow, quatered)
- 5-7 Pretzel (pretzel crackers, broken in half roughly)
- 3-4 Dried Candy Fruit (I have used 4 strips dried candy mango, rough chopped)
- 1. If using chocolate log, chop it into small pieces (very important or chocolate will not melt evenly. Chips always melt great.) You can use double-boiler, I often melt chocolate in microwave in microwave safe container. First 20 seconds, then stir once and then 10 seconds again, 2 times with stirring in-between, or until chocolate has melted.
Spray a sheet tray with cooking spray, then line a parchment paper hanging from two sides.
Additional Notes:Oil spray holds the parchment paper on sheet tray while you spread chocolate.
- 3. Spread melted chocolate on the parchment paper and smooth the top with a off-set spatula or a small silicon spoon.
- 4. Spread chopped dried candy mango, marshmallow halves (or mini marshmallow), and pretzel halves on the top evenly. Leave in fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- 5. After 30 minutes, break the bark into small pieces using knife. Serve on a serving try or pack into small plastic gift bags for sweet and salt Homemade Halloween candy treats! Enjoy!!
Recipe doubles easily. Make some extra and package today for some healthy halloween treats tomorrow!