RITZ Crackers Samosa Bites
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayRITZ #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Holiday Entertaining with easy to assemble samosa bites made with flavorful spiced potatoes and peas samosa filling, cranberry chutney, and sweet 'n salty RITZ Crackers.
These samosa bites not only look festive, but are also bursting with flavor. Where gorgeous presentation will bring everyone to platter… the combination of sweet, salty and spices will be perfect to wow guests this holiday season.
For all of you who are new to samosa, samosa is a fried pastry filled with various kind of savoury fillings such as potatoes, minced meat, lentils. It is often served with some sweet-sour sauce on the side such as mint chutney or tamarind chutney. Diwali or Christmas or a birthday-bash, this delicious pastry is always served in Indian parties!
Today, I present to you an updated version of classic which needs only 10 minutes of prep and no frying or baking!
There are 3 important ingredients which make samosa delicious.
Samosa Pastry Crust:
- 3 Potatoes (medium, yukon gold potatoes, boiled and peeled)
- 1 Serrano pepper (minced)
- 2 inch Ginger (1 inch fine chopped, 1 inch rough chopped for cranberry relish)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (or 1/2 tsp cumin powder)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas (frozen)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil (or olive oil, use per preference)
- 30-40 Crackers (3-4 single packs of RITZ Crackers)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (small chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder (or mild paprika, adjust per taste)
- 1 Cup Cranberries
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1-2 Cardamom (optional)
Cranberry Chutney (optional)
- 1. Ready Ingredients. Boil, peel and mash potatoes. I like to grate them using regular grated for texture. If using fresh peas, blanch them to cook until just tender. Also, chop chilies, cilantro, and ginger.
- 2. Heat oil in a saute pan. Add ginger, green chili, cumin seeds and saute for 30 seconds. Add all the spices, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt with mashed potatoes and peas. Saute potatoes with spices for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- 3. Switch off heat. Add lemon juice, chopped cilantro. Mix well. Taste and adjust salt/lemon juice if needed. Remove in a bowl to cool down. Set aside.
- 4. For Cranberry Chutney, put all ingredients for relish in small sauce pan. cook on medium heat with 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes or until berries pop open. Discard ginger and set aside.
- 5. To assemble samosa bites, start with cracker, top with one teaspoon samosa filling, top with 1/4 tsp of cranberry chutney. Repeat with remaining crackers. Filling is good to make 35-40 samosa bites.