Skinny Hot Cocoa
Perfect for Valentine's day, or any day of the year!!
Posted By Savita
It is still snowing on East Coast and we, in California, are packing warm cloths! I love winters so much that it is sad to see such a short winter season here this year. So, wishing for some more rain.....
By all means, I'm a winter person and still in mood of winter, Love cold weather and the delicious concoctions we can enjoy in such weather....... soups.... stews.... and some hot cocoa!
Today, I'm sharing with you, one of my winter favorite, which I love making for me and Vishal, and that is..... looks like you guessed it! but, I'm still gonna tell you..... it is..... Hot Cocoa!!! oh no no... Skinny Hot Cocoa!!
Your ever favorite, hot Cocoa, or hot chocolate..... warm, chocolaty, silky smooth and comforting drink, a skinny way!!
Well, well.... when I stared making Hot Cocoa, I was really bummed with the recipes I was looking at, all those loaded with butter, chocolate, sugar kinda drinks are not my thing, and I can never make something happily for Vishal, or for that matter share with you, which I don't think is g...
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder (raw cocoa powder)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Coffee (coffee extract, or use 1 shot espresso)
- 2 Cup Milk (2% skimmed milk)
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips (dark, 80% )
- 3-4 Marshmallow (or whipped cream, for serving, optional)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1. In a sauce pan, add butter, honey, and cocoa powder.
- 2. Whisk on low heat until everything is mixed and has syrup consistency.
- 3. Whisking continuously, add 2 cups of skimmed milk, make sure cocoa is fully dissolved in milk. Set stove to simmer, mixture should not boil. Add nutmeg, coffee extract, chocolate chips, salt, then whisk until chips are dissolved in cocoa.
Remove from heat. Pour in two mugs. Serve hot topped with marshmallows or some whipped cream. Enjoy!
Additional Notes:I have used big marshmallows , sliced in half, then used a small cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes.