Citrus Kiwi Fruit Salad with Pistachio Minted Sugar
A lite and sweet ending to a romantic meal!
Posted By Savita
Sharing with you, lite sweet, citrus-y, grapefruit, orange, and kiwi salad with refreshing touch of minted sugar and chopped pistachio.
This sweet fruit salad can be a perfect, lite and sweet ending to a romantic meal for two!
You can serve this salad for dessert or as a side in Valentine's Day Brunch Menu!
I have been following, food network star, Iron Chef, Mr. Bobby flay's hit tv series, Brunch at Bobby's... And few days back he shared gorgeous citrus salad which I fell in love with! Lite sweet, fresh fruits, honey, almonds, and mint sugar!! there was nothing in his salad that I don't like!!!
Luckily, I had some grapefruits at home and mint too!! couldn't believe my luck!! So made the salad and took these few shots quickly to share with you. Credit for original recipe certainly goes to Mr. Flay, but I did change a lot of things.... so I would say this recipe is inspired from his salad......
- 1 Grape Fruit ( segmented, juice reserved)
- 2 Navel Orange ( segmented, juice reserved)
- 2 Kiwi (sliced or cut into heart shapes, like I did)
- 2 tsp Honey
- 5 Mint (5-6 mint leaves)
- 2 tbsp Sugar (white sugar)
- 1/4 Cup Pistachio
Citrus and Kiwi Salad
For mint sugar, add sugar, mint in a food processor and pulse briefly to make mint sugar. Transfer to a small bowl. Also chop pistachios and set aside.
Additional Notes:You can also pulse all three, mint, sugar, pistachios, in food processor to make a streusel-like topping.
- 2. Combine the grapefruits and oranges in a medium salad bowl and set aside. Combine the reserved citrus juices in a small saucepan (you should have at least 1/2 cup, if you don't, add enough fresh orange or grapefruit juice to make up the difference). Add the honey and bring to a boil. Cook until the mixture is reduced by half i.e, 1/4 cup. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature, at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Pour the mixture over the citrus. Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- 4. Just before serving, add cut kiwi fruits, top with the minted sugar and pistachios! Serve with love! Enjoy!