Sunwarrior Protein Review | Chocolate Almond Chia Breakfast Pudding
Protein-packed, vegan and gluten free breakfast with almonds, chocolate, strawberries, and banana!!!
Posted By Savita
Growing up, I have vivid memories.... when I used to hide the protein supplements of my younger brother, thinking, ah... you don't need one! Why don't you eat better diet?! Even I used to have argument with Vishal for similar reason, telling him, all you need is good diet!
But the big question is.... does today's diet provide all necessary nutrients?? Answer is NO! And this I have learned after my nutritionist told me to regulate my protein in-take. Whenever I'm on vegan/vegetarian diet, lentils or soy protein does not supply sufficient amount of proteins that body need. In my home, there are many days in week, when we don't eat or cook non-vegetarian, I mean no eggs, no chicken, no fish! So on those days (specially) and in general, I needed something which is vegan and preferably organic way, to fulfill my daily nutrients and protein supply!! This is when I started adding Sunwarrior protein blends in my everyday shakes and smoothies.
- 21 Grams Sunwarrior Protein Powder (1 packet, I have used Sunwarrior Chocolate Protein Powder)
- 2 Cup Almond Milk
- 4 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder (unsweetened cocoa, optional)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (6-8 strawberries, sliced in half)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (sliced or whole, toasted)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
Sunwarrior Chia Pudding
Roasted Strawberries and Banana Toppings
- 1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. In a wide bowl, combine almond milk with chia seeds, sunwarrior chocolate protein powder, and cocoa powder. Use a whisk to mix everything in milk evenly. Set aside.
- 3. To roast strawberries, slice strawberries in half, big ones in quarters, sprinkle salt and spread in a sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes or until strawberries are slightly caramelized.
- 4. When strawberries are roasted and just out of oven, drizzle 1 tablespoon honey over strawberries, Don't mix. Leave on side to cool down a bit. Slice one banana into thin rounds.
- 5. To assemble, in one mason jar, layer strawberries and 1/2 of chocolate chia pudding in 5 layers, starting and finishing with strawberries, divide evenly in each layer. Repeat the same with banana and remaining half of chia pudding in second jar! Top last layer with toasted almonds. Serve immediately or chill for 30 minutes !