Cinderella's Oats and Quinoa Porridge with Ginger Tea | Disney Theme Breakfast
Posted By Savita
There are two reasons for today's post - First, my love for healthy breakfast and second, release of movie - Cinderella!!
As they say, we should eat breakfast like kings! A good, filling, and healthy whole grain breakfast can really help you energize your whole day! No kidding, breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. To help you with this goal, today, I'm sharing, a healthy whole grain breakfast of warm Oats and Quinoa Porridge with Spiced Ginger Tea! And guess what? You can make it vegan too!! (check out the recipe notes!)
And now let's talk about Cinderella!!! I know! too little about breakfast? that's what you thinking? trust me friends...keep reading...... there is plenty more... Don't go anywhere!
I think, story books and animated Disney movies are every kid's fantasy land. Growing up, Cinderella and her prince charming's story was most adorable to me. Specially the part when she went to meet her prince charming with help of her Godmother Fairy, and while rushing back home... she left behind her shoe in the palace.... and then p...
- 1/4 Cup Oats (rolled oats)
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Milk (whole milk)
- 5-6 Almonds (raw, chopped)
- Honey (optional)
- 1.5 tsp Darjeeling Tea (or good black chai tea leaves, or two tea bags)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger (1 inch root, fine grated)
- 2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Milk (optional)
- Honey (or sugar, per taste, optional)
Oats ad Quinoa Porridge
- 1. Rinse quinoa. Combine quinoa, oats in a sauce pan with 1 cup of water. Bring to boil then simmer on low for 14-15 minutes or until quinoa has cooked through. Oats will almost melt by this time and will give a creamy texture to quinoa. Now add milk and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until milk has been absorbed leaving behind thick and creamy porridge. Transfer to serving bowls, add chopped almonds, cranberries, and drizzle honey (if you prefer).
- 2. Kadak (Strong) Ginger Tea - While oats are cooking, in a sauce pan, bring water to a rolling boil. Add tea, and grated ginger. Boil for 6-7 minutes until tea gives nice dark black color to the water and also water has reduced from original 2 cups to about 1 & 1/4 cups. Now add milk, sugar (if using) and continue simmering for 1 more minute. Remove from heat, strain with a tea strainer into serving cups.
- 3. Serve and enjoy!
Vegan For vegan porridge, use almond milk instead of whole milk wherever suggested.