Kiwi Jalapeno Chutney Bites
Kiwi Jalapeno Chutney is vegan too!
Posted By Savita
Sharing with you, a 15 minute easy appetizer with homemade zesty Kiwi Chutney, cream cheese, topped on gluten free rice crackers!
Friends! How's your day going so far? About me? I wake up little late and as usual, Mondays are very busy for me :) But, I'm making sure to post for you before I get lost in my errands :)
Today, sharing with you, a delicious party appetizer! well.... not just for parties, today's chutney is so versatile, I bet you will use it many ways...... only if you will spare finishing it with spoon :) Trust me, one spoon of this kiwi chutney condiment can jazz many of our day-to-day foods! If you had sweet-n-sour chutneys in past, I'm sure you are no stranger to zing it can add to food. Plus, what I love most about chutneys is their shelf life. Even when not canned, a well made chutney can stay good in refrigerator for up-to 2-3 weeks! How good does that sound?
- 1/2 Jalapeno (seed removed, small diced)
- 4 Kiwi (about 1.5 to 2 cup when chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pink Peppercorns (or use black whole pepper)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Jalapeno (thin sliced)
- Cream Cheese
- 10-15 Rice Crackers
Kiwi Jalapeno Chutney
Chutney Cracker Bites
- 1. Chop the kiwi into bite size pieces. Remove seeds from jalapeno,and dice it very small.
- 2. In a sauce pan, add kiwi, jalapeno, sugar, peppercorns, and salt. Cook one medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until kiwi is soft, syrupy but not mushy.
- 3. Make sure to stir the mixture one or two times during cooking.
- 4. Top 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of kiwi chutney on your choice of crackers with a smudge of cream cheese! Add a fresh jalapeno slice on top for some zing! Serve and enjoy!