Instant No-Eggs Banana Pudding Frozen Yogurt
Part of "Use The Produce" series!
Posted By Savita
Today, I'm sharing with you a quick and easy method of making no-sugar, instant banana pudding frozen yogurt! Healthy, gluten free, egg-free, and can be ready at moment's notice! Also, indeed a fun way to use ripe banana in your fruit basket!
This post is part of "Use The Produce" post! Today's produce, is one of THE most common produce which will be present in every household, right now! i.e. Banana! and also, this is one such fruit which goes from raw to ripe, pretty quickly!
Yes, yes, you can eat it raw, make a smoothie or make a shake! But..... for those days, when you are not willing to eat a banana, yet, it may not maintain it's freshness for one more day! or even half a day :)
What will you do? Close your eyes and gallop it, so it does not go waste?
No, no!! You don't have to! At-least, not after I share these yummy pictures with you! :)
Instead, just empty two ice trays from freezer.
Slice banana, pour some yogurt, and freeze it.
- 2 Banana (fully ripe, sliced )
- 3 Cup Yogurt (non-fat drinkable yogurt, or 2 cup yogurt mixed with 1 cup low-fat milk)
- 1/4 Cup Milk (low-fat, for blending)
- 2 tsp Honey (or more per taste, optional)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Banana (sliced)
Banana Ice Cream
- 1. In ice trays, add sliced banana pieces. make thin or thick slice, just enough to fit. Divide evenly.
- 2. Pour yogurt blended with milk or drinkable yogurt into the tray cavities. Just until banana are submerged and cavity is full. Keep in deep freezer until fully frozen (30 min to 1 hour or until ready to use). I even use it after 5-6 days, as per need.
- 3. Pour cubes in food processor or blender (which can crush ices). Add honey and 1/4 cup milk.
Process on low until cubes are crushed, then on high until mixture is creamy.
Additional Notes:If finding difficult to blend, add few tbsp more milk to facilitate the process!
- 5. Transfer to a freezer safe container. Freeze until ready to use.
- 6. Before serving, scoop in serving cups, garnish with sliced banana, sprinkles or any topping of your choice! Enjoy!
Recipe halves easily.
Best when served immediately. Once fully frozen, take out 5 minutes before scooping in cups!
Alternate Method I'm lucky to own a Vitamix! One of THE best tool you will ever invest in! But, if you don't have a powerful blender to crush ice cubes, don't get disheartened! Put ice cubes in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. Then put into food processor with required amount of milk and process to make a smooth and creamy frozen yogurt.