Orange Adobo (Chipotle) Margarita
Posted By Savita
Sharing with you a refreshing orange, agave and tequila Margarita subtle spiced with chipotle adobo sauce.
This drink is here for my love of Chipotles in Adobo! I love Mexican spices and chiles and Adobo is one of my dearest. Whenever I want to add some flavor to my Mexican dishes, I always reach for few chipotle chilies or a can of Chipotle en adobo! I'm always looking for inspiration to cook with it! Once such inspiration, I found in California Pizza Kitchen, when I saw Citrus Adobo Margarita on their drink menu. I simply loved the idea of a spiced drink and since then, whenever I open a can of chipotle in adobo, I look forward to serving some Margaritas with it.
Today's Orange Adobo Margarita is no really a copycat of Citrus Adobo Margarita but is certainly inspired from it.
I'm sure you are not surprised with use of chiles in drink. We all love, our very own, Bloody Mary! Don't we?
- 1/4 Cup Tequila (2 ounce)
- 1 tsp Chipotle in Adobo (only adobo sauce)
- 2 Cup Orange Juice (fresh juice of 2-3 navel oranges)
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup (adjust per taste)
- Lime (juice, per taste)
- Mint (for garnish)
- Salt (cocktail salt mixed with adobo flakes (optional))
- 1. Spread cocktail salt and chili flakes (if using) in a small flat plate. Rub lime on rim of serving glasses. Turn the glass rim-side down on salt until rim has a lite salt coating. Shake off any loose grains into the sink. Repeat for both glasses and set aside.
- 2. Combine tequila, agave syrup, adobo, and orange juice over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well to mix everything. Pour in glasses, add splash of fresh lime juice, garnish with mint (optional), and serve.