Muskmelon Coconut Smoothie
For a healthy and refreshing summer breakfast!
Posted By Savita
A healthy, refreshing summer drink with sweetness of muskmelon and creaminess of coconut milk, this easy 5 minutes breakfast smoothie will help you start your day, full and focused!
Melons, from muskmelons to watermelons, are favorite seasonal fruits of everyone in my family. Our every visit to farmer's stand, we bring a melon home. Since melon are relatively larger fruit, I'm always up for challenge to try new ways to eat melon! During this time of year, melons are naturally very sweet and juicy. Other than adding to salads or sorbets, smoothies is one my personal favorite to enjoy fresh melon taste. I think natural sweetness of melons make'em perfect for smoothies!
Plus they are also high in water content which is great to keep body replenished during summer. Amazingly, melons are very low in fat calories and are also high in fiber... which can help you stay full longer!
What else will you ask for a great start of a hot summer day??
- 1/2 Melon (Muskmelon, about 4 cups when diced)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk (only use "lite" coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- Salt (just a pinch)
- 1 Cup Coconut Water (always buy unsweetened coconut water)
- 1. Remove skin and seeds from musk melon and rough chop. In blender jar, add coconut water, coconut milk, salt, lemon juice, and melon.
- 2. Blend until smooth and creamy! Serve and enjoy!
If you don't like coconut, you can use almond milk for this smoothie. It will still be vegan and gluten free.
If you don't like fibrous smoothie or don't have powerful blender, strain the smoothie to through fine mesh before serving.