Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Posted By Savita
This refreshing pink lemonade will be every kid's favorite on your next Summer-time Party. I promise! A 20 minutes easy refreshment uses only 4 basic ingredients - fresh strawberries, fresh basil, sugar, and lemon!! And makes a good amount of Lemonade Concentrate which you make once and use many times!
As beautiful as it looks, it is special favorite color of kids when it comes to choosing a drink. Plus fruity fragrance of strawberries and basil even allures adults to enjoy a glass!
I love the refreshing taste of lemonades in summers! But, I had only tasted lemons or lime..... max orange :), lemonades all my life!! I never knew that a "pink lemonade" existed, until few years ago, some family-friends visited us with their two little daughters.
When I asked for their daughter's meal preference, my friend told me that her girls will eat anything if it accompanies Pink Lemonade. Caught by surprise, I kept thinking.... Now, how on this earth will I find pink lemonade!! ;) Texted my friend to suggest something and she told me about these Italian...
- 8-10 Basil (fresh basil leaves, chopped)
- 1 lbs Strawberries (hulled, quatered)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (adjust per taste)
- 1 Cup Water (only use filtered water)
- 1 Lemon (juice of lemon)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Water (or sparkling water)
- Basil (for garnish)
- Strawberries (for garnish)
Strawberry Basil Lemonade Concentrate
- 1. In a food processor or using hand blender, fine puree strawberries with salt and 1 cup water.
Transfer purred strawberries to a heavy bottom sauce pan with sugar. Bring to rolling boil, then cook for 6-8 minutes on low-medium heat until sugar has dissolved, and foam starts to dissipate. 5 minutes into cooking, add the chopped basil leaves, and lemon juice into the mixture and keep cooking.
Additional Notes:Stir the liquid once or twice so that sugar does not burn.
- 3. Run the cooked strawberries mix through a strainer or food mill, then discard solids. Set aside until strawberry lemonade concentrate is room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4. To make lemonade, pour lemonade concentrate, 5-6 cups of water, sliced strawberries, fresh basil leaves into a tumbler. Stir to mix. Pour ice just before serving. If you prefer, you can also keep concentrate as-is and serve in glasses topped with sparkling water. Garnish with strawberries, lemon, and basil. (just as shown in pictures)
Store extra lemonade concentrate in air-tight jar in refrigerator for up-to 1 week.
Perfect for serving kids a fresh fruit drink instead of soda.