Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Swirl
Posted By Savita
Sharing today, a gorgeous Pumpkin Bundt Cake which holds a delicious surprise in middle - a layer of decadent citrus cheesecake. If you love moist pumpkin cakes with cream cheese frosting or fan of pumpkin cheesecake..? then this cake brings to you best of both!
Friends, it has pumpkin, it has citrus, it has cheesecake and still it is baked in one bundt pan. I mean, all layers bake together to make a masterpiece and rich cake!
Isn't it exciting?! Officially, the season of spices, baking, roasting, warm lattes, pumpkin cake baking, and more pumpkin cooking has returned. Actually, I declared early fall this year starting with Butter Squash Risotto… but let's be honest. There is no fall without pumpkin and some sweetness. So this cake was meant to be on blog!
Why, pumpkin cake stuffed with cheesecake!? You might ask?
Well, I bet you know how good citrus and spices compliment pumpkin?! This cake brings all three together. Initially, I wanted to bake a spiced pumpkin cake with citrus cream cheese frosting. But as usual the idea of whipping extra frosting mad...
- 2 Cup Pumpkin (puree)
- 3.5 Cup All-Purpose Flour (plus extra for dusting cake pan)
- 1 and 1/3 Cup Sugar (white granulated sugar)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (I used dark brown sugar)
- 3 Egg(s) ( at room temprature)
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Oil (lemon extract)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger (powder)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon (powder)
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts (chopped, optional)
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese (8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened )
- 1 Egg(s) (at room temprature)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (granulated white sugar)
- 1-2 Lemon (to get 2 tbsp juice and 1 tsp zest)
- 2 tsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- pinch Salt
- 1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Set aside.
- 2. For Cheesecake Swirl, in a medium bowl, with a whisk hand/stand mixer attachment, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add flour, and egg and beat on low until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- 3. For Pumpkin Cake: Clean the whisk. In a wide paper plate, combine all dry ingredients: all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, salt, sugar (white and brown), Whisk with hand whisk to well combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, add wet ingredients: eggs, lemon juice, canola oil, and lemon extract. With a whisk hand/stand mixer attachment, beat until eggs are well combined with rest of ingredients. Add and mix in pumpkin puree.
- 5. Add dry ingredient and chopped walnuts, into wet ingredients in three batches and fold with spatula until just combined. Don't over mix. A few streaks of dry flour are okay.
- 6. To assemble cake: Add half of pumpkin cake batter in the prepared bundt pan. Dollop all of cream-cheese cake batter on the top. Avoid touching the cake at edges. Don't spread but place spoonfuls.Now, spoon remaining all of pumpkin cake batter on sides and top of cheesecake batter. Smooth top with spatula and pat a couple of times to release air-bubbles.
- 7. Bake in preheated oven for 70-85 minutes or until wooden stick inserted in middle comes out clean. Leave cake in bundt pan on the wire-rack to cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- 8. Mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Dust cooled cake with powdered sugar then pour glaze on top. Serve immediately, or chilled, or at room temperature.