Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
Posted By Savita
Slightly sweet and amazingly moist Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins made with fresh corn, corn meal, and jalapenos.
Sweetness of two kinds of corn, hint of salt, and heat of Jalapeno chili.. You guys! This tex-mex recipe is keeper for all savoury corn muffin lovers!
Can you believe this need only 10 minutes prep?
Just 10 minutes and 22-25 minutes of baking and fresh warm bread to serve with your favorite soup! All you need is: a whisk, a bowl and a muffin tin… and simple cornbread muffin ingredients: one corn on the cob, corn meal, AP flour, jalapeno, egg, buttermilk, and baking powder!
Best part is: even though easy to put together, these muffins are no comprise in flavor. Try these once and you will forget cornbread muffin mix… for good! I promise!
Secret for making moist cornbread muffins.. I should say, any muffin is right ratio of fat, leavening agents and flour.. And paying attention to the recipe :)
So, let's get started!
- 2 Jalapeno ( sued one pickled and one fresh, small chopped)
- 1 Cup Corn Meal
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Corn (fresh kernels from 1 cob or half of a 8 ounce can, drained)
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Butter Milk (remove from fridge before start working on muffins)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (granulated white sugar)
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1. Prevheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl or paper plate, mix dry ingredients with a whisk or fork. Fold in chopped jalapeno and corn kernels and set aside.
- 3. In a wide bowl, add wet ingredients - eggs, melted and cooled butter, olive oil, and buttermilk. Whisk until eggs are very well blended with buttermilk.
- 4. Add dry ingredient + jalapeno mix in wet ingredients and fold with spatula gently until just combined. Scoop into 11 muffin cups and bake for 22-25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in middle comes out clean.