Chipotle Salsa (Hot Salsa)
Posted By Savita
I absolutely love a good salsa. I'm more of a spicy hot salsa kinda girl and lately I have been loving this chipotle salsa recipe. It's the one I made with some leftover chipotle pepper and since then fell in love with hot kick of this salsa.
I find this salsa great for entertaining, really a perfect crowd-pleaser. Anyone who loves spicy-smokey dips and chips falls in LOVE with it. From my past experience, I can already tell you.. You will get SO many requests for recipe and will see empty bowl very quickly. :) Be Ready!
Oh, and good news! It is a blender salsa! No need to chop a thing! Just grab a blender and welcome guests with scrumptious bowl of Spicyyy Salsa and Chips!
Let's dig in!
You guys! We are going Mexican this week! With labor day long weekend approaching, I'm giving you some great options to include in Labor Day Menu!! Starting today with this hot salsa.
- Chipotle in Adobo (1 whole pepper and 1 tbsp adobo sauce)
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1 tsp Sugar (adjust per taste, I add upto 2)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt (1 tsp salt, adjust per taste)
- 2.5 Cup Tomatoes (8 ounce can tomatoes and 2-3 ripe roma tomatoes)
- 5 Garlic (cloves)
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Lemon (to get 2-3 tablespoon juice)
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano (dried)
- 1. Roast jalapeno and garlic on grill in a grill pan, or broil, or toast in a dry heated pan until skin is charred and blistered mostly. Let these cool. Now, scrape of skin from jalapeno and remove seeds. Peel of skin of garlic.
- 2. In blender, add roasted jalapeno, and garlic plus all of the above ingredients. Pulse to make chuncky salsa. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice. Serve with bowl of chips and enjoy!