Easy Nutella Mousse Crepes
Start breakfast with sweet note and lots of nutella!!! yumm!
Posted By Savita
Chocolaty with Nutella Hazelnut Mousse lite like a cloud... every bite of these these delicate breakfast crepes just melts in mouth. Serve for homey breakfast or a scrumptious dessert for someone special this New Year.... Nutella Mousse Crepes fit perfect for the both occasions.
Are you a nutella fan? If yes, then these nutella crepes are a MUST try!
Just few easy steps to make nutella mousse and a simple batter for crepes - a special breakfast yet no need of trip to restaurant.
Breakfast is the best meal of the day and specially during weekends I love enjoying a hearty and comforting breakfast. Whole week we stick to a lite and easy whole grain breakfast..... but weekends! Weekends are meant to enjoy something special.... something which make off-day worth waiting for.... something that brings smile on everyone's face.... and these delicious crepes filled with everyone's favorite Nutella mousse translates to that heart-warming breakfast!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Egg(s)
- Salt (a pinch)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 225 Grams Cream Cheese (8 ounce package, softened )
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (more for dusting)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Oranges (slices, for serving)
Formula for Perfect Crepes Everytime!
Nutella Creme Cheese Mousse
- 1. Crepes - In a bowl combine eggs and milk then whisk until fully combined. In an another bowl, mix flour with salt and then add to bowl with milk and eggs. Whisk to make a lump-free smooth batter. Set aside while you prepare mousse in next step.
- 2. In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment. Whisk chilled heavy cream until just soft peaks form.
- 3. Add cream cheese, nutella, and powdered sugar. Return to whisk until smooth without any lumps. Don't over whisk or mousse with became granny. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until you finish cooking crepes in next step.
- 4. Heat a non stick pan on medium heat. Whip with paper towel covered in butter. Add 1/3 cup of batter and swirl around the pan to make a thin layer batter in the pan. (don't worry if a drop or two stuck on side.)
- 5. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. By this time, crepe will leave the sides of pan. Lift with wide spatula and flip. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute more. I prefer to cook it just for 30 seconds. For more color, cook for 1 minute, but no longer as crepes tends to get dry.
- 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all 8 crepes are cooked. Transfer cooked crepes on a clean plate while you finish cooking rest.
- 7. To assemble, layer a generous portion of nutella cream cheese mousse on the one half of crepe. Fold the other half over, and then fold from middle to make a triangle. Keep placing on a serving platter. Repeat this step to fill all crepes.
- 8. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with few slices of fresh oranges and enjoy!