Witch House in Graveyard - Halloween Pudding Cups
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackPackMixIns #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Friends, Happy Monday!
Today, I'm sharing a boo-tiful snack for Halloween which needs less work in kitchen and more fun in assembling with kids and family!
Snack Pack Puddings are already kid's favorite. I topped them with some crunchy, munch-y, sweet and salty topping for a Halloween Fun Snack. Once you dig-in, sometimes you eating - a monster's red eye, or graveyard mud, or creepy worms, all drenched in blood.... so so "gross" yet delicious and entertaining!
I clearly remember some years ago, I had no idea about Halloween. Specially, no clue about trick-or-treats and giving candies to kids. Once on Halloween Vishal insisted me to buy candies for kid's treat. I was like, "Buy 1 or 2 small packs. How many kids can show up?!" How many?? Wow! That evening our door bell did not stop ringing. In-fact, Vishal had to run to store to buy more candies. It was really hard to say "no" to any of those cute little kiddos!
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Raspberry Jam
- 18 Oreo Cookies (OREO Chocolate Cream cookies)
- 1/2 tsp Food Color (green color)
- 1 Cup Marshmallow (mini marshmallows melt quickly, or slice big ones to small pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts (salted, crushed )
- 250 Grams Fondant (about 10 ounce, good quality Vanilla white fondant)
- Chocolate Chips (crushed, for witch eyes)
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
- 12 Pudding Cups (I used Snack Pack Vanilla Pudding Cups)
Graveyard Pudding Cups
- 1. Simmer raspberry blood ingredients in a pan for 5 minutes and break berries with back of spatula. Remove from heat and strain to yield a fine smooth syrup. Set aside.
- 2. Dust a board with powder sugar. Roll fondant to thin sheet. Cut out ghost or witch shapes to make witch-sticks. I stud small piece of chocolate to make eye of witch. Wrap each around a toothpick or a bat-toothpick, like I have used and set aside.
Use the scrapes of rolled fondant to make 12 small eye balls. With back of a tooth pick make a print in center. Decorate with drop of raspberry blood and green food color. Set aside.
Additional Notes:For more creepy effect, I also cut few strips of fondant to make worms and colored half in green color. (optional)
- 4. Microwave marshmallows for 15 seconds in a microwave safe bowl, then quickly spread 1 teaspoon on one side of each of 12 cookies. Using raspberry blood and toothpick, write RIP on each cookie. Crush remaining 6 cookies to use later.
- 5. Top 12 Vanilla Snack Pack pudding cups with crushed OREO cookies and crushed peanuts. dividing equally among all cups.
- 6. Top each Pudding Cup with one OREO cookie, a witch with stick, one or two creepy eyes, and generous spoon of raspberry blood. Serve and enjoy!