Spicy Chicken Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta
Just 15 minutes cooking time for a spicy, tangy Chiptole Cream Sauce Pasta. Cheesecake Factory Copycat at home!
Posted By Savita
Today's recipe is copycat of Cheesecake Factory's Spicy Chicken Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta. I simply love their Chipotle Pasta... The hint of spice, creamy sauce, crunchy veggies, and succulent chicken.... oh, and crispy tortilla chips!!! yumm! There is nothing in this dish which I don't like.
You know the best part? You can skip chicken and it still is flavorful Italian vegetarian dinner or lunch.
With just 15 minutes of cooking time, Chipotle Sauce can be blended in advance and used multiple times for quick weekday dinner! Sounds even better! Isn't it? And it costs just fraction of what you will pay for dinner of four!
Original recipe calls for Honey Glazed Chicken. I shared a healthier version of Honey Glazed Chicken a few days ago. If you want to try that with Chipotle Pasta, follow the recipe link in notes.
I'm sure you know by now that I LOVE pasta! In India, few years back, there were not many restaurants offering pasta in menu. So obviously I have not grown up on it.
- 2 Chipotle in Adobo (2 whole peppers and plus 1 tbsp sauce)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Lime (juice, half of one juicy lime)
- 3 Garlic (cloves)
- 1 lbs Pasta (Penne or Fusilli)
- 1 lbs Chicken (Rotisserie or Honey Glazed Chicken, check recipe in link)
- 1 Zucchini (sliced into half moons)
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas (frozen)
- 1 Head Broccolini (broken into florets, or use broccoli)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (or more per liking)
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream (mixed with 1/4 cup pasta water)
- 2 Tortillas (corn, sliced into strips)
- Canola Oil (for frying)
Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta
Tortilla Strips (optional)
- 1. Combine all Chipotle Sauce ingredients in blender, puree to a smooth paste, transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate if not using immediately. (yields about 1/2 cup sauce)
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to rolling boil. Season with salt. Add half-moon sliced zucchini, and broccolini. Boil for 1 minute or until just crisp tender. Remove to a plate. In same boiling water, add pasta and cook until al-dente or follow the package directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta (reserve pasta liquid) and set aside both.
- 3. If serving tortillas chips. Heat oil for frying in a shallow frying pan. (you don't need a lot of oil. Just fill a small pan 1/2 inch). Slice corn tortilla into thin strips. When oil is hot, add strips and fry until light golden. Remove on a plate lined with paper towel. Season with salt. Set aside.
- 4. Heat a pan on medium heat. Add chipotle pasta sauce and let it sizzle for 15 seconds. Now add cream and 1/4 cup pasta water and let it cook for 30 sec more or until warms through.
- 5. Mix well and switch off the heat.
- 6. Add in pasta, boiled veggies, frozen peas, and toss to combine.
- 7. Transfer to serving plates. Top with sliced chicken and tortilla strips. Garnish with grated parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!