Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
The best flavorful and spicy wonder of Asian Cuisine! Shrimp Fried Rice - Lean Protien, lots of veggies, and cooking time under 20 minutes! What not to like for dinner?
Posted By Savita
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice loaded with vegetables and fried with Asian condiments for the best homemade one-pot fried rice dinner ever!
Just 15 minutes start to finish.. Shrimp fried rice are my favorite ditch-the-delivery dinner on busy weekdays. A batch of cooked rice, shrimp, veggies, and spices get magic-bath in wok and turn into a scrumptious meal. My favorite part? Kitchen smells like - waiting for order in Asian Restaurant!!
Oh, and I'm also sharing some easy tips to fry perfect Fried Rice every time and thaw shrimp without cooking it in pouch. :) Read on.....
Recently we visited an authentic Thai place near-by. Gosh they sell so good Tofu Soup. Everyone was just crazy for it.. including me.. no kidding. And names of dishes were so authentic that we did not know what to order. lol!!
With every sip of that spicy aromatic soup... I just kept reading the ingredients. (In mind of course... no one publish'em in menu guys!) ;)
- 1 lbs Shrimp (cleaned)
- 3 Cup Rice (cooked, and cooled)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (or Gluten Free Tamari)
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt (as per taste)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (small bunch, fresh chopped)
- 2 tsp Sambal Chili Paste (or 1-2 minced fresh thai chili pepper)
- 1.5 Cup Mix Vegetables (I used - 1/2 cup each of Snap Peas, Carrots, Green Peas)
- 2-3 Garlic (cloves, small chopped, about 1 tbsp)
- 1 inch Ginger (root, peeled and small diced)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (sliced into thin half moon slices)
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a wide non-stick pan or a wok. Season shrimp with generous pinch of salt. When oil is hot, add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp curls and turns bright orange. Remove in plate and set aside.
- 2. In same wok/pan, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add sliced onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute until onions are soft and translucent. (about 2 minutes)
Add in sambal chili pasta, diced carrots, green peas, snaps peas or beans (as per liking). Cook veggies until crisp tender. (about 1-2 minutes)
Additional Notes:If using egg, ad after cooking veggies. Push veggies to side, add egg and cook until scrambled and no trace of liquid remains.
- 4. Add in cooked rice, soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, sesame oil with black pepper. Cook stirring and folding often until soy sauce is fully absorbed and rice pickup the soy color and flavor. (about 1-2 minutes)
- 5. Add in sauteed shrimp and chopped fresh cilantro. Toss until everything heated through.
- 6. Remove from heat. Serve while still hot and enjoy!