Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Peanut buttery eggless shortbread thumbprint cookies topped with strawberry and blueberry jams!
Posted By Savita
Are you Peanut Butter and Jelly fan?! Me too! Seriously, addicted to it!
So today I baked a batch of buttery Shortbread Peanut Butter Thumbprint cookies topped with berry jam to help my PB&J cravings! Sounds even more delicious and quite a mouthful!! Isn't it? Exactly like a Peanut-Butter-and-jelly-fan munching 2-3 of thumbprint cookies all at once! lol!
Oh, and these cookies are also eggless and need just 5 simple pantry ingredients! Okay... six, if you consider pinch of salt as well! :) Really, just flour, butter, sugar, hint of salt, jam and your favorite creamy Peanut Butter will turn into these jelly topped peanut butter jewels in just 30 minutes of baking!
When Peanut Butter and Co sent me their delicious collection of Peanut Butters... The first thing I wanted to bake was some peanut butter and jelly goodies! I do have some more delicious plans to use their other Peanut Butter products.... but PB&J cookies are like my good-luck charm. My Mantra?
If you have Peanut Butter in house, PB&J are in your near future, for sure!
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter (such as Peanut Butter & Co's Smooth Operator)
- 8 tbsp Strawberries Jam (Or replace half with blueberry jam)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (one stick, at room temprature)
- 1.25 Cup All-Purpose Flour (1 and 1/4 cup, sifted)
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar (plus more for dusting)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (only use fine tablesalt)
- 1. Preheat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, Line a wide baking sheet (or two sheets if using small sheets) with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In stand mixer, add room temperature butter and powdered sugar. Using a whisk attachment beat until nice and smooth. Then, add in smooth peanut butter.
- 3. Whisk peanut butter into sugar-butter mix on low speed, until just combined. (about 30 seconds)
- 4. Add in salt. Whisk in flour in 2-3 batches until just combined. Don't over-mix. Dough will look like big chunks of granula. Using hand bring the dough together.
- 5. Divide the dough into 24 equal size small balls.
- 6. Press in center of each cookie with back of a 1/4 tsp spoon. Or use thumb to make little impressions.
- 7. Bake in preheated oven for 25-20 minutes or until bottom of cookies are slight brown and cookie holds it's shape. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely. Then dust with powder sugar and fill the centers with one or two jams of your choice. (I have used blueberry and strawberry jams.)
- 8. Serve and enjoy! Store in air-tight container and consume within 2-3 days.
I topped the cookies with jelly after baking and cooling a bit. You can also bake cookies with jelly for a slight longer shelf-life. Read description for more details.