Easy Crock Pot Mexican Cheese Dip
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Zesty jalapeno, comforting black-beans, tangy tomatoes, melted cheeses and some seasoning to tie everything together! Call it a Mexican Cheese Dip or Southern Taco Cheese Dip..... This my friends is a crowd-friendly chip-licking party dip that you add to crock pot and forget about it! Isn't it a perfect Holiday Party-friendly idea? Today, this idea was made possible with Kraft Natural Cheeses.
Crock pot is your (mine too) best friend when it comes to serving a bigger crowd some mouthwatering slow-cooked flavors. Especially, when for parties or holiday gatherings, your oven is all filled with baking pie, dinner rolls, and turkey.... and stove filled with stuffing, few curry sides (just in my Indian Kitchen).... easy appetizer recipes like these are life saver!!
The best part about this dip is : quick assembly time i.e. just 10 minutes and rest is worry of your trusted slow cooker. The bold and zesty Mexican flavors are everyone's favors in the gathering. One quick tip: If you own a smaller (3 quart) kinda crockpot. You can even serve the di...
- 110 Grams Mozzarella Cheese (4 ounce, such as Kraft Mozzarella Cheese)
- 110 Grams Cheddar Cheese (4 ounce, such as Kraft Natural Shredded Cheddar Cheese)
- 110 Grams Four Cheese Blend (4 ounce, such as Kraft Natural Shredded - Mexican Four Cheese Blend)
- 2 Cup Tomatoes (diced with juice)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (small bunch, small chopped)
- 2 Cup Black Beans (15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed)
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium onion, small diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 Jalapeno (small diced, adjust the amount per taste)
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Avocado (small diced, for topping)
- Tortilla Chips (or baguette chips)
- 2 Lime (sliced into wedges, for serving)
- 1. Heat oil in a skillet, add onion and saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes). Add taco seasoning and saute for 30 more seconds. Transfer onions to slow cooker (crockpot) container followed by diced tomatoes, jalapenos, half of cilantro, and rinsed beans.
- 2. Sprinkle top with cheeses and cover the top.
Cook in slow cooker on high for 2 hours or on slow for 4 hours. After finished cooking. Mix well, then add remaining cilantro. Top with diced avocado just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or baguette chips and enjoy!!
Additional Notes:If not serving immediately, leave the dip on warm and covered in the slow cooker.