15 Minutes Easy Kale Tortellini Soup
Posted By Savita
Also, 15 minutes and just simple 7 easy-to-find ingredients and Kale Tortellini Soup fly from kitchen to dinner table.... or even for weekend lunch for me. :)
Oh, and if you have some leftover Tortellini pasta in refrigerator?! You can serve your family a delicious and comforting soup for dinner today! A rustic bread loaf will be best to dunk in the warm broth.
I'm addicted to serving soups in winter. Recently, I bought heat-safe containers with lid and spoon to pack lunch for dinner.
The base for any good clear soup is broth or stock. I love using vegetable stocks to flavor soups. However, for this soup I specially used homemade Chicken Stock instead of vegetable to add some more depth of flavor. Honestly, chicken stock also boost nutrients in this simple soup without overloading it with calories.
- 4 Cup Chicken Stock (prefer homemade and low sodium)
- small Bunch Kale (ribs removed, leaves thin sliced)
- 2 Carrots (small diced )
- 8 oz Pasta (Cheese or pumpkin tortellini)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (for serving)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice, adjust per taste)
- 1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pot. Add kale and carrots, and saute for 1 minutes until kale just started to soften.
Add chicken stock with 1.5 cups of water. When liquid comes to boil, drop in tortellini and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tortellini is done to your liking.
Additional Notes:Egg pasta such as Tortellini cook super fast. So keep an eye or just follow the cooking instructions on pasta package.
- 3. Add lemon juice, taste and adjust salt and black pepper. Transfer to serving bowl, top with parmesan cheese and serve.