Vegan Roasted Red Pepper and Ginger Soup
Posted By Savita
Roasted Red Pepper Ginger Soup - A vegan yet creamy and gorgeous Roasted Red Peppers soup spiced with warm ginger, herbs, and creamy coconut milk. This soup is Part-2 of my last week's Garlic Cheese Naan Crouton bread which I served on the side to dunk into this creamy luscious soup for dinner.
Even though this is not an Indian soup... but hint of ginger and side of Naan Bread makes it a perfect cold-weeknight-dinner for my family. I personally also love the fact that I can bring this soup to dinner table under 30 minutes.
Since El Nino arrived.... where every one is worried about the unpredictable weather it's bringing... We, drought-struck California residents, are waiting for the rain this phenomenon will bring.. It has hardly rained much in past 3-4 years in California but past few weeks.... we enjoyed good showers and amazingly beautiful cold weather and that good omen calls for bone-warming soup, for sure!
- 8 Red Bell Pepper (roasted, follow link to roast own red peppers in Notes)
- 1 inch Ginger (small chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut milk (low-fat)
- 4 Cup Water (or low-sodium chicken stock, or stock of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Parsley (fresh chopped, for serving)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion (small chopped)
- 1. Heat oil in heavy bottom pan. Add onion, ginger and garlic, then cook until onions are soft. (2-3 minutes)
- 2. Add thyme (or herb you using), paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and saute for 30 seconds.
- 3. Add rough chopped roasted red peppers, tomato paste and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- 4. Add water or stock then bring to boil. cook covered on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 5. After cooking, transfer the content of soup to blender in two batches or use immersion blender to puree. (be careful with hot liquid)
- 6. Transfer pureed soup back to pan and let it heat through. Stir in coconut cream and sugar (if using). Taste and adjust salt and black pepper.
- 7. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with Naan Bread Triangles or bread of your choice. Enjoy!