Honey Almond Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
Many thanks to Blue Diamond Almonds for sponsoring this post. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Posted By Savita
A gluten free, flour-less, and dairy free chocolate cake made with olive oil, honey, and almonds meal. This moist chocolate cake uses simple pantry ingredients and tastes exceptionally moist and decadent.
I paired this cake with crunchy Honey Roasted Blue Diamond Almonds and fresh raspberries for pleasant contrast of texture and taste.
I love serving simple cakes for holiday and family gatherings which can be assembled and baked in very less time. Often, some of my guests are on gluten free or dairy free diet. So my desserts are such which everyone can enjoy. I love the fact that this saves me from spending double time on dessert. :)
Plus what's better than a dessert which comes with promise of no gluten, no dairy, natural sweetness of honey and yet moist chocolate taste?! Who will say no to that?! Ask me, I'm even in for a second serving and for the record... so are my guests!
- 1 and 3/4 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 Cup Honey (preferably organic honey)
- 3 Egg(s)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil (extra virigin)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (loosely packed)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt (a generous pinch of table salt)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds (such as Honey Roasted Blue Diamond Almonds)
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a spring foam pan with cooking spray and set aside. Also, combine almond meal, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- 2. Heat water in a microwave safe container for 30 seconds. Remove in small bowl. Mix in cocoa powder and honey until fully dissolved and lump free. Set aside to cool completely.
- 3. In a wide mixing bowl, add three eggs with vanilla extract and olive oil. Whisk using hand held whisk or using stand mixer until fluffy and pale yellow.
- 4. Add cooled chocolate-honey mixture to the eggs and mix well.
Fold in almond mixture into egg-chocolate mixture. Transfer to spring pan and bake for 55 - 65 minutes.
Additional Notes:Mixture might look little runny but don't worry, almond meal and eggs soak-up everything as cake bakes in the oven.
- 6. Bake until cake is springy and tooth pick inserted in the center comes out dry (not wet) with a few almond crumbs attached. Transfer to wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely before slicing.
- 7. For serving, dust with powdered sugar, top with fresh raspberries and Honey roasted Almonds. Serve for evening tea or for a lite and healthy Christmas Brunch. Enjoy!!