Grilled Chimichurri Shrimp and Couscous Salad
Posted By Savita
Crowd-pleasing potluck salad with lite and clean grilled shrimp, nutty couscous pasta, grilled asparagus, bell peppers and lots of zesty tangy chimmichurri sauce...
Friends, I call it a salad.. but it indeed is a complete lite dinner or lunch with portion of lean protein, lots of veggies, herbs as well as carbs.
Can you believe this three-component (grilled shrimp, chimichurri sauce, couscous pasta) recipe needs only 20 minutes, start to finish! Oh yes! That's comfort of cooking with shrimp! By the time, couscous cook in boiling water, shrimp and veggies are ready on grill. And chimichurri sauce? It needs no cooking at all. Keep a food processor ready, sauce will be ready under 1 minute, max.
And this makes me feel like steal a line from Ina Garten - How easy was that?! :-)
Oh, this salad can be served at room temperature (when just cooked) or cold. You can prepare it a day in advance which makes it perfect to bring to potlucks or grilling parties.
- 1 Cup Parsley (fresh leaves, a generous handful)
- 1/2 Cup Mint (fresh leaves)
- 3 tbsp Lemon (juice, about 1 and 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic (cloves)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1/2 lbs Shrimp (10-12 counts, cleaned and shelled)
- 1/2 lbs Asparagus (trimmed, quartered )
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (thin sliced, seeds discarded)
- Oil Spray (for grill)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 lbs Couscous (pearl or Israeli Couscous )
Grilled Shrimp and Couscous Salad
- 1. Bring pot of water to rolling boil, season with salt and cook couscous until just al-dente (7-10 minutes). Or follow direction of cooking couscous pasta package.
- 2. While couscous is cooking, in a food processor jar, combine all Chimmichuri ingredients and puree to a smooth green sauce. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 3. Once couscous has cooked, transfer it to a wide mixing bowl, add half of the Chimmichuri, toss well and set aside.
- 4. Preheat a gas grill or a cast iron grill pan. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Spray grill with oil, grill shrimp and vegetables until shrimp curled and pink with no sign of opaque (about 1-2 minute each side) and vegetables are crisp tender. Remove into bowl with couscous.
- 5. Rough chop the grilled vegetables. Remove into same bowl with couscous and shrimp. Toss well. Add remaining sauce on top. Serve cold or at room temperature, either in big bowl or transfer to small plates. Serve and enjoy!