Avocado Fried Egg Toast with Tomato Jam
Make breakfast special with homemade easy tomato jam topped on crisp breakfast toast with creamy avocado!
Posted By Savita
Crisp breakfast toast topped with delightful sweet tomato jam, creamy avocado and fried egg.
Also, sharing a quick and easy fresh tomato jam recipe which is great on a simple avocado toast or also perfect to layer in sandwiches (special favorite with kids).
As someone always says.... Breakfast is one important meal of the day and it is important to have a good breakfast to start day fit and focused. If you have picky eaters then breakfast should not just taste good but look delicious too. You know what I mean?! ;)
Now, few days in week are so busy that I struggle to think anything beyond toast. Seriously, I'll not lie to you. Fact is, Food Bloggers also struggle to put a thoughtful dish on dinner/breakfast table sometimes. Essentially, this is why all of us curate recipes... pin inspirations.... follow blogs and buy cook books... to keep something new and exciting coming to dinner/breakfast table. Isn't it?
- 5 Tomatoes (fully ripe, can't find ripe tomatoes? then use can of whole peeled)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- 1-2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 White Bread (or any toast bread of your choice)
- 1. Bring pot of water to rolling boil. while water boils, in a wide bowl, add water and ice and set aside. When water start boiling, add tomatoes and boil until skin start to loosen. Remove tomatoes from boiling water and immediately put in ice water to stop cooking. Once tomatoes cool a bit, peel off the skin and coarsely chop.
Set a steel pan to heat on medium heat. Add chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, with sugar, salt and cinnamon. Cook on medium heat until tomatoes are cooked, juices thicken (20-25 minutes). Now, mix corn starch in 2-3 tablespoon warm water until fully dissolved. Add to cooking tomatoes and cook for more 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the jam cool.
Additional Notes:Jam yields 1 cup. Consume jam within 4-days. Store in refrigerator in an air tight container.
- 3. Set a non-stick skillet heat at medium heat. Brush bread with room temperature butter and set aside. Add 1/2 tbsp butter in heated skillet and break eggs. Leave to cook on medium heat until egg-whites are cooked, sides are crispy yet yolk is runny. (5-6 minutes)
Remove eggs in a plate, add bread to same skillet and leave on low heat to toast until nice and crispy from both sides. (2-3 minute each side)
Additional Notes:You can toast bread in toaster.
- 5. To assemble, top two of the toast slices with generous spoonful of tomato jam, slices of avocado, and one fried egg each. Serve immediately. Enjoy!