Beer Cheese Dip for Pretzels
Posted By Savita
Homemade pretzels are incomplete without a pub-style cheese dip to dunk into. This beer cheese dip is so creamy and delicious that it will make every bite of homemade soft pretzels even more delicious.
I know you saw a glimpse of this cheese dip yesterday when I shared Soft Pretzels recipe. I decided to share Cheese Dip in separate post because this dip can also be served without pretzels. You can serve it baked soft potato wedges, tortilla chips, or add it over a rustic spinach artichoke pizza.
So I thought, for the versatility of this cheesy dip.... it sure needed a separate spot in my recipe cabinet. What do you say?
That being said, beer Cheese Sauce or dip is a classic pub-style accompaniment to soft pretzels. (a must have)
What I like the best? How easy it is to make Beer Cheese Sauce. It may sound complicated but really it is 10 minute recipe. Super easy!
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (white, shredded)
- 1/4 Cup Beer (lite sweeter Pale Ale)
- 5-6 Tabasco Sauce (dash, adjust per taste)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning (or more, optional)
- Pretzel (fresh or sticks)
- 1. Heat milk in a sauce pan and keep warm. In a another sauce pan, heat butter until just melted, add flour and cook (medium heat) stirring often until flour has cooked yet not browned (1-2 minutes) Add milk little at a time and stir continuously to make smooth white bachamel sort-of sauce. Add in beer and mix well (keep heat medium-low).
Add shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese, and mix until cheese dissolve fully. Cook until sauce is thick to your liking. (1-2 minute more)
Additional Notes:If sauce appears lumpy, sieve the sauce through a fine mesh.
Remove from heat, add chopped parsley, Tabasco, mustard, lemon pepper (if using). Mix well. Taste and adjust salt or more Tabasco (if you prefer).
Additional Notes:PS: I LOVE to add 1/4 cup Hot Sauce in the cheese sauce for an unexpected Pub-food kick! Not so traditional ingredient but add great taste, try with some sauce and if you like add to whole batch.
- 4. Serve with soft pretzels and enjoy!!