Kale and Carrots Salad with Chili Lime Peanut Dressing
Kale and carrots salad or vegan crunchy "kale-slaw" with creamy chili-lime peanut-y dressing! Carry to potluck without getting soggy, also great with summer bbq!
Posted By Savita
Crunchy kale, carrots and peanuts salad coated in tangy, sweet and spicy chili-lime Peanut Dressing! A vegan and healthy way to enjoy your daily servings of green with scrumptious touch of favorite peanut butter!
Actually today's Kale and Carrots Salad is more than a just-a-salad. It is Creamy Peanut-y Vegan Kale-Slaw! Eat a bowlful for lunch or serve on side with your favorite grilled dinner! One of taste of chili-lime, spicy-sweet peanuty kale-slaw and you will serve it whole summer long!
I'm super fan of coleslaw but don't care much for store-bought coleslaw which are doused heavy with mayo. So often I make mayo-free versions at home... And whenever, I get chance to bring kale home, I prefer to replace watery lettuce in coleslaw with sturdy and crispy curly green kale. Kale not only absorbs the tang of lime and sweetness of peanuts very well... but also stays crisp and crunchy!
Perfect to make-ahead! Perfect to pack for potluck!
and vegan, healthy with all health benefits of carrots and kale!
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (smooth peanut butter)
- 1-2 Lime (zest of one lime, about 3 tbsp juice)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes (red chili flakes, adjust more or less per taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- 2 bunch Kale (1 green curly Kale, and 1 purple kale)
- 6 Carrots (medium, peeled and shredded or sliced thin)
- 1/3 Cup Peanuts (toasted, slightly crushed)
Chili Lime Peanut Dressing
Kale and Carrot Salad
- 1. Wash the kale, remove ribs and slice thin. Place in a bowl. Also, peel carrots, slice/shred and add to the bowl. Set aside.
- 2. In a food processor jar, add all of the Chili Lime Peanut Dressing ingredients except salt. Pulse until pureed and smooth. If looks thick, add little more lime juice. Taste and adjust salt.
Mix the peanut dressing into kale salad and toss well. Top with toasted peanuts. Serve or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Additional Notes:(This salad tastes even better after an hour (or overnight) of mixing dressing into kale)
This vegan kale-slaw kale salad is perfect to serve on side with grilled dinner. Oh, make a big batch to pack leftovers for lunch the next day!