Deli Style Pasta Salad with Kale
Deli style potluck Pasta Salad, vegetarian with surprisingly delicious edition of healthy kale, crumbled feta dressed in mouthwatering deli-style Italian vinaigrette dressing
Posted By Savita
In this deli-style pasta salad, every fork full will have something delicious to keep digging for more. If you are fan of deli-style pasta salads, this vegetarian pasta salad will be your new favorite! I promise!
Specially great to pack for potlucks or family trips, ingredients in this pasta salad are robust and also benefit from sitting in vinaigrette. Now, what else would one want from potluck food? Food that stay fresh long, (don't wilt or get soggy or mushy), are easy to carry, can be served without reheating and some which everyone can enjoy!
That much and still my favorite is? Lots of fresh veggies and even kale!!! Kale gives this salad a mighty punch of flavors and nutrients. Honestly, more than potlucks, when I crave deli pasta salads... it is on my "dinner" table too... with leftovers, for sure, in lunch box ;)
Does this look that tempting or what?
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard (yellow mustard)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- Salt and Black Pepper (per taste)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 lbs Pasta (Fusilli or Penne, or use both half and half)
- 1 Bunch Kale (8-10 leaves, purple and green kale, rough chopped)
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Red Onion (medium onion, thin sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives (water packed, pitted, drained (sliced, if prefer))
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese (cubed, or provolone )
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese (crumbled )
- 2 Red Bell Pepper (or 1 green and 1 red, diced bite size)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (fresh leaves, chopped)
Deli-style Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1. In a bowl, add all dressing ingredients but oil. while whisking continuously, add oil at a slow stream to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper. Set Aside.
- 2. Bring a pot of water to rolling boil, season with salt, add pasta and cook 10-12 minutes or until al-dente. Drain pasta water, run pasta through cold water, add in a wide pasta bowl with 2 tbsp of dressing (this prevents pasta from sticking together while rest is ready).set aside to cool completely.
- 3. In a large salad bowl, add all chopped salad ingredients. Drizzle Italian Vinaigrette Dressing over salad. Top with 1/2 of crumbled feta.
- 4. Toss to combine all ingredients just before serving. Serve and enjoy!