Vegetarian Kale Caesar Salad
A healthy take on Caesar salad - "Kale" Caesar with mayo-free and vegetarian Caesar dressing.
Posted By Savita
Starting Monday with healthy and crisp Vegetarian Kale Caesar Salad with crunchy radicchio, sweet raisins and a vegetarian eggs-free, mayo-free Caesar dressing (without anchovies).
Oh, and crunch bomb in this Kale Caesar salad is 10-min easy 2-step Parmesan Crisp croutons which are also gluten free.
This is my take on enjoying a classic Caesar Salad with healthy twists. Since raw eggs and I don't like each other and I happen to loooove "Kale" so much that Vegetarian Kale Caesar salad is often in my dinner menu with leftovers in lunch box. Yes, you reading correct! "Leftovers"! Unlike Romaine Caesar with regular mayo dressing which will gets soggy and loose it's flavor when kept dressed in for long.... Kale Caesar Salad stays fresh longer and is equally delicious when packed for lunch the next day!
What else do I want from a homemade salad?
Freshness, health, and lots of flavor!
You guys! Look at the colors!! Don't these remind of a Sunny Spring Day!?
- 1 Cup Creme Fraiche (or low-fat sour cream)
- 1.5 tbsp Mustard
- 3 tbsp Lemon (juice, adjust per taste)
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 Bunch Kale (green curly kale, ribs removed, rough chopped)
- 1 Radicchio ( or red cabbage, chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Golden Raisins
- 3 Green Onion (scallion, chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Black Pepper (optional)
Mayo free Caesar Dressing
Kale Caesar Salad
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with silicon mat or wax paper.
- 2. Vegetarian Cesar Dressing - Combine all dressing ingredients in salad bowl, whisk to combine. Taste and adjust salt. Set aside.
- 3. Parmesan Crisps: Place grated parmesan on silicon lined baking sheet in 1 teaspoon heaps, of size of coin (an inch or two apart). Bake in oven for 7-8 minutes (watch last 1 minute so parmesan not burn). Remove from oven, transfer immediately onto wire rack to cool down.
- 4. Toss Kale Caesar Salad- Chop kale, radicchio, green onion, raisins and transfer to the salad bowl with dressing. Toss to combine. Top with parmesan crisps and serve!