Mango Avocado Pasta Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Healthy fresh take on pasta salad with creamy avocado, sweet mangoes and zesty flavorful cilantro-lime dressing. dairy-free, vegan, and can be gluten free!
Posted By Savita
Healthy fresh take on pasta salad with creamy avocado, sweet mangoes and zesty flavorful cilantro-lime dressing. Every fork-full of this pasta salad has something delicious to enjoy - lime-soaking creamy avocados, juicy mangoes, farfalle pasta, and crunchy pine nuts.
This is one avocado salad which you can easily carry to potlucks or BBQ parties! Flavor-packed cilantro-lime dressing not only makes mangoes and avocados extra delicious.... it also preserve the color (prevent oxidation) of sliced avocados. Result? A perfectly fresh salad even after 5 hours of travel! How good does that sound?
Oh, and this salad is dairy-free, vegan, and can be gluten free!
Why am I sharing a Pasta Salad today?! Well, one because I "love" salads and second because, recently I had access to Farmer's Market fresh avocados and cilantro! This avocado and mango salad was my lunch over the weekend. So I thought why not share this summer-fresh pasta salad with you all!
- 2-3 Mango (medium size, peeled, diced bite size)
- 2-3 Avocado (medium to large, peeled, diced bite size)
- 1-2 Celery (stalk, small diced (optional))
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 lbs Pasta (penne or farfalle)
- 1 Cup Cilantro (fresh leaves, more for garnish)
- 1/2 Jalapeno (seeds scraped off, skip if you don't like spicy)
- 3 Lime (about 1/3 cup lime juice)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper (adjust per taste)
Mango Avocado Pasta
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1. Bring pot of water to rolling boil, season with salt and cook pasta until just al-dente (10-12 minutes). Or follow direction of cooking pasta on the package.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, in a food processor jar, combine all cilantro lime dressing ingredients and pulse to a well blended dressing. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 3. Once pasta has cooked, run it through cold water, drain well, then transfer it to a wide salad bowl, add half of the cilantro-lime dressing, toss well and set aside to cool completely. (or refrigerate to cool faster. )
- 4. Add diced avocado, mango, celery (if using), rest of cilantro lime dressing, fresh chopped cilantro, and toss well. Top with toasted pine nuts, serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve!