Cedar Plank Salmon with Beets Salad
A 25 minute simple Cedar Plank grilled smoked salmon for a gluten free and no carb summer dinner with fresh beets salad.
Posted By Savita
Today is a simple smoked salmon dinner day with a summery fresh beets and romaine salad.
A lite and healthy seafood dinner like this one is on our weeknight menu... specially when we are in mood to eat grilled. No carbs, good Omega-3s and lean protein from fish, plus quick cooking time makes me look forward to week days when Salmon is on the menu.
Just like you, I'm super busy over weekdays and plan most of my weeknight dinners over the weekend. We keep a few individually wrapped salmon fillets in freezer to have at-least one seafood/fish dinner in week.
The best thing about cooking salmon is - quick cooking time. All I need to make sure is a handy recipe say spice blend, or a zingy flavorful marinade to flavor the salmon... and putting dinner on table is never more than 15-20 minutes.
Out of all of the Salmon recipes on the blog, this one is my special favorite. I have fascination for smoking own fish or meat at home and cedar plank makes this dream come true... without learning a lot about elaborate smoking te...
- 1 lbs Salmon (2-3 filets)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (dried)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Beet Root (peeled, thin round sliced)
- 1-2 Baby Romaine (or romaine hearts, cleaned and torn)
- 1/2 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Lemon (to get about 3 tbsp juice)
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
Cedar Plank Dry Rubbed Salmon
Fresh Beets Salad
- 1. Set the grill to preheat. Soak cedar planks in water and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, mix all dried rub ingredients, then add a tbsp oil and mix to make paste (almost dry). Rub salmon fillets generously with rub covering all sides. Place on cedar planks.
- 3. Transfer cedar planks with salmon on to grill (medium-low heat). Cover and smoke for 20 minutes or until salmon is firm to touch and passes flake test. (flakes when lifted with a knife).
- 4. While salmon cooks, in a salad bowl whisk mustard, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper until emulsified. Add in greens, beets, tomatoes and toss gently.
- 5. To serve, fill each bowl with generous handful of beets salad and top with cedar smoked salmon. Serve and enjoy!