Creamy Potato Salad without Mayo
Easy and ridiculously creamy potato salad without mayo made creamy with two simple egg-free ingredients.. Gluten Free and Egg Free
Posted By Savita
Simple, easy and ridiculously creamy potato salad with combination of red skin potatoes and golden potatoes, crunchy celery, sweet cranberries and creamy sour cream dressing without mayo.
This is a kinda potato salad which everyone can enjoy! All who love potato salads and all who can't eat it when it has mayo! I replaced mayo with two creamy ingredients to keep it egg-less yet as creamy as a potato salad with mayo.
As I always say, thanksgiving sides are my favorite way to get the taste of holiday.
Since we are officially in Thanksgiving month - November.. I felt there is no better way to start the week but with a homemade creamy potato salad. Yes, creamy salad but without mayo which makes it vegetarian and suitable for people like me who can't eat mayo..
Yesterday, I decided to take a day off. Since it was Diwali on Sunday... We were so so busy whole weekend.. cleaning, decorating, cooking and eating. :) Yesterday was also Halloween and I was participating in a community bake sale which added yet another layer of...
- 2 lbs Potatoes (1 lb Red Potatoes + 1 lb Yellow Potatoes, boiled and small diced)
- 1/2 Cup Celery (2 stalks, small diced)
- 1/3 Cup Shallot Onions (2-3 shallots or medium red onion, small diced)
- 1/2 Jalapeno (minced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Herbs (chopped, mint, cilantro, parsley and taragon, more for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 2-3 tbsp Cranberries (more for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (adjust per taste)
- 2 tbsp Lime (juice, plus zest of one lime)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese (softened)
Creamy Potato Salad Dressing (no mayo)
- 1. Prepare veggies - Boil potatoes in water until potatoes are knife tender. Once cooked, dice boiled potato into bite-size pieces. Also, small dice celery, shallot, jalapeno (if using). Chop herbs and set aside.
In a wide bowl, add sour cream and cream cheese and whisk to combine until smooth. Add remaining dressing ingredients with generous 2-3 pinch of black pepper and salt. Top with diced celery, onion, herbs, capers, cranberry, and potatoes.
Additional Notes:For best results, let potatoes cool down before mixing into dressing.
- 3. Toss potatoes in dressing until dressing fully coats the potatoes. Taste and adjust salt/lemon juice. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with more fresh herbs, cranberries, and black pepper (to taste). Serve and Enjoy!
Sweetness of cranberries and crunch of celery are two of my favorite components in this salad. If you don't like cranberries you can use pom seeds. But I highly recommend using one of the two.