Nacho Cheese Crunch Black Bean Burger
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsCheese #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Spicy Black Bean Burgers, egg-less, meatless veggie black bean patties spiced with chipotle and topped with all-you-want-in-nacho-cheese crunchy toppings!!
These Spicy Black Bean Burgers are perfect to serve deliciousness of Nachos and taste of summer grilling... all summed up in one scrumptious meal! Smoky seasoned crispy black beans patties topped with crunchy tortilla chips, fresh sliced jalapenos, covered in melted cheese and fresh salsa!!
Does this remind you of Nacho Cheese party or what? Now, sandwich this Nacho Cheesey Crunch in grilled rolls with smear of chipotle-cream cheese sauce and you have it - a crunchy summer surprise!!
You can call these Nacho Burgers, but I love to call'em Spicy Nacho Cheese Crunch Burgers!! "Cheesey Crunch" is the key!!
This is what I'm looking for a great summer weekend dinner! Some grilled protein, combination of creamy, crunchy and fresh toppings, and a hearty bun to wrap the whole package!
What I love about these burgers?
Gosh!! Do I need say more??
- 1 Black Beans (8 ounce can, drained)
- 1-2 Potatoes (1 cup, medium, boiled, grated)
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Chipotle in Adobo (and 2 tbsp adobo sauce, divided)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 White Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs (unseasoned, preferably panko)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- Ciabatta Bread Rolls (or Hamburger Buns, for serving)
- Tortilla Chips
- Jalapeno (fresh sliced, optional)
- Salsa (pico de gayo, as much as you like)
- Cream Cheese (such as Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese)
- Cheese Singles (such as Weight Watchers American Singles)
Black Beans Burger Patties
Nacho Cheese Crunch Burgers
- 1. Prepare all the ingredients, make pico de gayo (if not using store bought salsa). Pulse black beans in food processor until coarse pureed. (for more texture, pulse all but 1/4 cup and mix them later.)
- 2. Heat 1 tsp oil in saute pan. Add chopped onion and garlic, then saute until onions are soft. (2-3 minutes). Add smoked paprika, taco seasoning and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add to puree beans with 1 minced chipotle, 2 tbsp of adobo sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Add bread crumbs, seasonings, and grated potatoes. Mix well. Refrigerate for 15- 20 minutes.
- 3. In meantime, in a small bowl, add whipped cream cheese and minced remaining chipotle pepper with generous pinch of salt. Fold in and set aside.
- 4. Black bean patties: Make 1/2 pound patties from the black bean mixture.
- 5. Grill indoor/outdoor on a flat iron grill until both sides are crispy and caramelized.
- 6. Once the first side is cooked, flip and top with few tortilla chips on each patty. top with one slice of American Cheese Single, place on the grill and cover until cheese has melted. (if cooking indoor, cover the pan with lid and cook on slow heat until cheese has melted. )
- 7. Spread spicy chipotle-cream cheese spread on bottom half of burger buns. Place one patty on each burger bun, top with pico de gayo, slice jalapenos and serve. Enjoy!!