Broccoli Grape Salad with Mango and Buttermilk Dressing
Posted By Savita
A healthy broccoli salad with sweet seedless grapes, and juicy fresh mango, coated in a lite and healthy buttermilk mint-lime dressing. Every fork of this salad will have something delicious to keep digging for more! Sweetness of mango, juicy grapes, crunchy cucumber, earthy broccoli and meaty chicken - all make it a salad worth keep digging!
Today, I served it with chicken to make it complete lite carb-free meal but at it's core, it is good vitamin and anti-oxidant rich vegetarian salad.
A broccoli salad like this one is often on my summer lunch menu. Specially after weekend's grilling, I always have some leftover grilled chicken which works as great protein in Monday's lunch salad or even for lite and quick dinner.
With just 15 minutes prep, this Broccoli Grape salad is perfect to make-ahead. I just make sure to pack chicken and dressing separate. Even though mixing dressing in salad will not make it soggy because there are leafy greens which will soak-up dressing but I still prefer to drizzle the dressing on the salad just before eating.
- 2 Cup Black Seedless Grapes
- 3 Broccoli (heads, or broccolini heads, florets seprated)
- 2 Mango (peeled, diced into bite size pieces)
- 2-3 Cucumber (baby cucumbers, sliced)
- Chicken (grilled, for serving meal-style, optional)
- 1/2 Cup Butter Milk (non-fat or low fat, or use yogurt mixed with few tbsps of water)
- 1 tbsp Lime (jucie)
- 1/2 Cup Mint (leaves, more for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup (adjust to taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
Broccoli Grape Salad
- 1. Buttermilk Dressing: In blender or food processor jar, add all Buttermilk Dressing ingredients and process to make smooth puree. Remove in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. Add all sliced veggies to salad bowl.Top with grilled chicken (if serving), drizzle buttermilk dressing on top just before serving! Enjoy!