One Pot Cajon Chicken Pasta
Bold and spicy cajon Chicken and Spaghetti pasta with spinach, herbs, and creamy sauce all prepared in one pot!
Posted By Savita
Did you guys miss me yesterday? :)
Honestly, I had no plans to be no-show and had an amazing vegetarian recipes to share for meatless Monday... but the pictures of recipe did not make me very happy.. and I ended-up skipping a meeting with you sweet people. :(
No worries though because today, I thought to give you an easy one pot dinner which will sure make-up for the yesterday's missed recipe.
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is so easy to prepare that by-far it is one of my favorite chicken and pasta dinner to server in 20 minutes.. Starting from diced chicken breast, fresh spinach, and fresh tomatoes to a flavorful, creamy and amazingly spicy pasta pot... everything comes together in wink of an eye.
Really, this pasta recipe needs no pre-preparation.
All you need is few generous spoons of cajon seasoning. Don't go easy on that. This is one ingredient that can make or break the dish! Other than that, use anything you like and this pasta will still make you very happy. Like:
- 1/2 lbs Pasta
- 1 lbs Chicken (chicken breast, sliced into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion (thin sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (ripe roma tomatoes, small chopped)
- 2-3 Garlic (cloves, small diced)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 125 Grams Spinach (about 4 ounce, 3-4 generous handfuls)
- 1 Bouillon Cube (chicken or veggie)
- 3 tbsp Cajon Seasoning (**sodium free cajon seasoning)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice, adjust per taste)
- 1. Heat oil in a deep, heavy bottom dutch oven. Add diced chicken, season with 1 tbsp of cajon seasoning. Saute for 2-3 or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Add sliced onion, minced garlic, diced tomatoes with 1 tbsp more cajon seasoning. Saute for 1 more minute. Add crushed bouillon cube, spinach, pasta, generous 2 pinch of salt and 3 and 1/2 cups of water.
- 3. Bring to boil on medium heat and continue cooking until pasta is al-dente (about 10-12 minutes). Once pasta has cooked, mix in heavy cream. Taste and adjust cajon seasoning, salt and lemon juice.
- 4. Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
**I used sodium free cajon seasoning. If using one with added salt, don't add bouillon or additional salt, and adjust the amount of Cajon Seasoning according to your taste preference.