Lemon Strawberry Pound Cake
Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake made with fresh strawberries, lots of lemon and easy to find pantry ingredients.
Posted By Savita
This Strawberry Pound Cake recipe combines my two seasonal favorites, fresh strawberries and lemon, in one dessert.
I love strawberries. And I love pound cakes. Hence, a strawberry pound cake made perfect sense in my world. Moist, buttery and rich with fruit fragrance of strawberries and punch of lemon.. this cake is so epic, you will be missing something if you don't try it.
Fresh fruity strawberries, lemon and sugar!! Does that remind you something else too?
Season of colors and fresh bright flavors!
This cake sums all of the above in a buttery Pound Cake or a Strawberry Lemonade Pound Cake, if I may :)
Fresh Strawberry Cake!
I love adding fresh fruits to cakes.. Have you tried my fresh Clementine Cake? If you have not, please do! It is gluten free cake with amazing flavors of fresh whole clementines! Oh, and Mango Pound Cake, and Mango Cheesecake are like summer-flavors-at-best! (must try)
- 1 and 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour (1-2 tbsp more for preparing cake pan)
- 8 Strawberries (medium berries, small chopped or mashed)
- 2 Egg(s) (at room temperature )
- 1/4 lbs Unsalted Butter (1 stick, at room temperature )
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (at room temprature)
- 1 Cup Sugar (white granulated)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Lemon (juice)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (zest)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Milk (whole milk, at room temprature)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Oil Spray
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon (juice)
Strawberry Pound Cake
- 1. Prepare a 9 by 4 inch loaf pan by coating with butter and dusting with flour and set aside. Pre heat oven at 350 degrees
- 2. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients - sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt. Whisk to distribute. Set aside. Whisk with hand whisk or sift with sifter and set aside.
- 3. In a wide bowl, cream room temperature butter with sugar until sugar is no longer granny (using a hand held or stand mixer). Add in one egg at a time and beat after each addition until fully combined. Add milk, sour cream and beat until well combined.
- 4. Add lemon juice, zest, Mix well. Fold in dry ingredient into butter mixture in three alternate batches until just combined. Combine with cut and fold action for each batch until no or very less streaks of four remain. Don't over-mix. Now, add mashed strawberries and fold until just combined.
- 5. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and cook for 60-70 minutes or until *tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it rest in pan for 10 minutes. Run knife through edges and remove cake from loaf pan. Let cool down completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- 6. For galze (if using), mix sugar with lemon juice. drizzle over cooled lemon pound cake loaf. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries before serving. Serve and enjoy!
*Do a tooth pick test and bake until it comes out clean. If cake start tuning brown before toothpick comes out clean, lightly cover cake top with aluminium foil and continue baking.