Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
Ditch oven and bring home crusty bread. because I'm giving you an epic and foolproof bread pudding recipe that is prepared in slow cooker!
Posted By Savita
Bread Pudding - a quintessential comforting breakfast with layers of day old bread, soaked in egg custard and cooked until bread is crispy from outside and moist inside.
Friends, dust your slow cookers, and bring home some crusty bread... because today I'm giving you an epic and foolproof bread pudding recipe that is prepared slow cooker! With fragrance of cinnamon and sweetness of raisins, this breakfast can make any morning feel like holiday morning!
Bookmark this recipe, because you will never have to look for a slow cooker bread pudding recipe again! I have, what you call, perfected it for you!!
Now, before I jump to my quest of making bread pudding in slow cooker.. I must tell you that the base of this recipe is traditional bread and butter pudding. You can use this recipe, any time to make bread pudding in oven too. All ingredients like day old crusty French bread loaf, milk, sugar, butter and eggs, are easy to find. Other than th...
- 7 Cup White Bread (such as French Bread, cubed)
- 4 Egg(s) (at room temperature)
- 1 and 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
- 1. Line and/or lightly spray inside of crock pot with cooking oil.
- 2. In bowl, add milk, eggs, cinnamon, sugar, salt, heavy cream, and melted butter. Whisk until eggs and sugar are combined with milk.
- 3. Arrange cubed bread into the crock pot with raisins. Pour custard over the bread, evenly covering all bread at the top. Press with spatula to submerge bread in the custard as much as possible. Set aside for 10 mins so that milk is mostly absorbed by the bread.
- 4. Transfer to prepared crockpot pan. **Cook the pudding at low for 4 hours and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out almost clean,
- 5. Serve warm or at room temperature with dusting of powdered sugar and fresh chopped strawberries.
Day old bread works out best for me. I used rustic frnech bread loaf that I sliced and cubed myself.
For more cinnamon flavor, you can also use cinnamon-raisin loaf instead of plain french bread.
I like mild sweet bread pudding. If you like more sweet, add up-to 1/2 cup more sugar.