Sausage and Peppers Pasta
One of the easiest weeknight dinner which you can pull-off with pasta, sausage, and peppers from pantry!
Posted By Savita
Sausage and Peppers pasta is my favorite lazy-style dinner. Whenever I want to eat homemade but not interested to work much, this 5-6 ingredients pasta makes life simple and keeps family happy!
The most ingredients needed for this pasta are hidden in the name! I always keep some chicken sausage in my fridge (or freezer) for such quick pasta dinner fixes! Rest, all I need is some bell peppers, onion, seasonings, and hint of cream!
In no time, this pasta bowl fly from kitchen to dinner table!
We are at door steps of spring but it already feel like summer in my part of the world!
Among other favorites, one thing I love about summer season is opportunity to be outdoors. Summers is also season of country fairs and I enjoy roaming aimless in fair. I really do! Even for a day, it is refreshing to see excited people and specially experience fair food.
- 1/2 lbs Pasta
- 3 Chicken Sausage (links, use chicken, vegetarain, or any sausage of your choice)
- 1 Bell Pepper (green or red, thin sliced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (thin sliced half moons)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chipotle in Adobo
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (for serving, optional)
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a heavy bottom saute pan. Add sliced sausage and cook until brown at edges or done to your liking. Remove in a plate and set aside.
- 2. In same pan, add minced garlic, onion and pepper with chipotle and 2 generous pinch of salt. Saute until onions are soft.
- 3. Add cream, lemon juice and mix well. Add cooked pasta and stir to coat in sauce. Return sausage back in pan, cook until just heated through, about 1 min. Taste and adjust salt. Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese (optional). Serve and enjoy!